AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - 1,512 suspected cases of chikungunya in addition to 5,698 confirmed cases of dengue
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - According to the Ministry of Health in El Salvador (MINSAL) there are 1,512 suspected cases of chikungunya in the State of El Salvador. Most of them in the department of San Salvador, with a total of 1,365; of these, 1,035 have been located in Ayutuxtepeque, 138 in Mejicanos, 73 in Apopa and 41 in the capital of the department, and in Ciudad Delgado. San Vicente is another department where there have been 118 cases of the virus, and 88 in the municipality of San Ildefonso. MINSAL has stated that the age of the people most affected by the disease varies between 10 and 19, with 395 cases. Compared to the situation of dengue in the territory of El Salvador, the Ministry of Health reported a total of 16.937 suspected cases and 5,698 confirmed cases. Compared to the same period of 2013 there has been an increase of 101%. Of the confirmed cases, 97 were severe dengue, 56% more than last year. MINSAL reiterates its appeal to the people to work together to prevent the proliferation of the mosquito aedes aegypti, vector of chikungunya virus and dengue. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/07/2014)
- 2015-09-28 - Mgr. Romero: a guiding light for sustainable development and social justice in Central America
- 2015-09-21 - Mgr. Escobar Alas denounces: "The new tax will in particular hit low-income families"
- 2015-09-09 - "Problems are not solved with demonstrations, but with good will" said Mgr. Escobar
- 2015-08-17 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Crowds of faithful gather to commemorate the birth of Blessed Oscar Romero
- 2015-08-10 - 16 murders a day, the church launches an appeal to stop violence
- 2015-08-10 - The Holy Father's concern for the violence in El Salvador
- 2015-08-01 - No negotiating with gangs in the plan for National Security
- 2015-06-27 - Mgr. Romero Romero is recognized as "Son Meritísimo of El Salvador"
- 2015-06-03 - Dengue fever mainly affects school age children
- 2015-06-01 - "The numbers of murders are manipulated in order to create chaos", denounces Mgr. Rosa Chavez