EUROPE/SPAIN - TO MARK 25 YEARS OF JOHN PAUL II’S PONTIFICATE INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS MORAL THEOLOGY ON 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF “VERITATIS SPLENDOR” ENCYCLICAL
Murcia (Fides Service) – As part of celebrations to mark the 25th year of Pope John Paul II’s pontificate, the Sant’ Antonio Catholic University in Murcia (Spain) has organised an international Congress on Moral Theology 27 to 29 November at the Monastery de Los Jeronimos where the University is situated. The Congress will reflect on various themes of the Pope’s Veritatis Splendor encyclical issued ten years ago. Conferences will be given by personalities in the field of science and theology today.
The Congress will open on 27 November with an address by Cardinal Antonio Ma Rouco Varela Archbishop of Madrid President of the Spanish Bishops Conference, on: The context, spirit and permanent validity of the encyclical letter Veritatis Splendor with regard to certain aspects of the Church’s moral teaching”. Among the speakers Martin Rhonheimer, professor of ethics and Political Philosophy at the Pontifical Holy Cross University in Rome; Archbishop Caffarra of Ferrara Comacchio (Italy) a member of the Pontifical Council for the Family and the Pontifical Academy for Life; newly created Cardinal Georges-Marie Cottier O.P. Theologian of the Papal Household. Cardinal Nicolàs de Jesùs Lòpez Rodrìguez, Archbishop of Santo Domingo and President of the World Federation of Catholic Universities who will give the last talk “Walking in the Light: universal and unchageable norms at the service of renewal of the person and social and political life”. (R.Z.) (Fides Service 22/10/2003 – lines 21; words 273)
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure