EUROPE/SPAIN - 2ND INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON CHURCH AND CATHOLIC MEANS OF SOCIAL COMMUNICATIONS IN THE 21ST CENTURY OPENS TODAY
Murcia (Fides Service – Catholic Means of social communications in the 21st century is the title of the 2nd International Congress on Church and Catholic Means of Social Communications which opens today, 15 May, in Murcia, Spain. The opening ceremony is presided by the President San Antonio di Murcia (UCAM) Catholic University where the Congress is being held, José Luis Mendoza Pérez; Bishop José Sánchez González, of Sigüenza-Guadalajara, President of the Spanish Bishops Mass Media Commission and a member of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications and Bishop Manuel Ureña Pastor, of Cartagena, Grand Chancellor of UCAM.
Archbishop John Patrick Foley, President of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, will give the first conference with the title: “The ethic and moral dimension of the means of social communication.” This will be followed by a round table discussion on “Catholic Press”. The Congress is attended by several well known personalities of the world of communications including Joaquín Navarro Valls, Holy See spokesman who will close the work of the Congress (R.Z.) (Fides Service 15/5/2003; lines 13; words 166).
- 2013-09-23 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 AFRICA - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished
- 2012-06-26 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - Victims and people missing due to heavy rainfall recorded in the last days
- 2012-05-25 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The Taliban attack girls' schools in order to force the closure
- 2012-05-12 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN - The "Party of Solidarity" at risk, accused by "warlords"
- 2012-04-18 ASIA/AFGHANISTAN -Apprehension for disabled children of the Pro Children Association of Kabul