AFRICA/LIBERIA – A religious sister has died due to the Ebola virus
Monrovia (Agenzia Fides) - The Hospitaller Order of St. John of God said in a statement sent to Fides, that on Saturday morning, August 9th the religious Sister Pascaline Chantal died. Sister Chantal of the Immaculate Conception, of Congolese nationality, had been infected with the ebola virus and was in St. Joseph hospital in Monrovia (capital of Liberia), where she worked as a nurse.
There is also great concern regarding the health conditions of another religious, Sister Paciencia Melgar (from Guinea). According to the note, a Spanish NGO that works side to side with the Hospitaller Order, is preparing a team of health professionals to be sent as soon as possible.
The ebola virus, which is spreading alarmingly in West Africa (see Fides 05/08/2014), is creating an emergency situation in different parts of the world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/08/2014)
AFRICA/LIBERIA – A RELIGIOUS SISTER HAS DIED DUE TO THE EBOLA VIRUS
- 2015-05-11 - Liberia was declared free from Ebola, but MSF warns that the outbreak is not yet over
- 2014-10-22 - Ebola, not only death and suffering: MSF celebrates the thousandth survivor
- 2014-10-11 - A Liberian boy who beat Ebola
- 2014-09-26 - Health systems are near collapse, while those infected double every three weeks
- 2014-09-13 - Children orphaned by ebola: One of the side effects of the virus
- 2014-08-11 - AFRICA/LIBERIA – A religious sister has died due to the Ebola virus
- 2014-08-05 - AFRICA/LIBERIA – Ebola: the director of St. Joseph's Hospital, in Monrovia has died
- 2014-08-05 - Nearly 900 dead and more than a thousand infections detected. Growing alarm about the spread of the Ebola virus
- 2013-06-21 - AFRICA/LIBERIA – A town has been granted to 300 Sierra Leonean refugees; "it is the sign of the regional integration process," says a missionary
- 2013-03-15 - The Coptic church in Benghazi set on fire