Acta of the Holy See
ASIA/INDONESIA - Appointment of the Bishop of Bandung
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On June 3 , 2014, the Holy Father appointed Rev. Fr. Antonius Subianto Bunyamin, O.S.C., Prior Provincial of the Order of the Holy Cross in Bandung, as Bishop of Bandung (Indonesia)
Rev. Fr. Antonius Subianto Bunyamin, O.S.C., was born on February 14, 1968 in Bandung. After primary school, he entered the minor Seminary in Mertoyudan, where he continued his studies. Subsequently, he joined the Order of the Holy Cross, completing his studies in philosophy and theology at the Catholic University in Bandung.
He professed his solemn vows on August 28, 1994. He was ordained a priest on 26 June 1996.
He has served in the following pastoral and academic roles: 1996-1999: Studies for the Licentiate in Philosophy at the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium; 1999-2003: Professor of Philosophy at the Catholic University in Bandung; 2003-2007: Studies for a Degree in philosophy at the Pontifical Lateran University in Rome; 2007-2010: Vice Provincial O.S.C. in Bandung and professor at the Catholic University in Bandung; 2008: Executive Director of the Holy Cross Foundation (for Catholic schools in the Diocese of Bandung); since 2009: President of the managing board of the Parahyangan Foundation; secretary of the Marga Asah Talenta foundation, and president of the legal institute of Parahyangan University; 2010-2013: Prior Provincial O.S.C. in Bandung; since 2010: Member of the College of Consultors and a Member of the Pastoral Council of the Diocese, in charge of drafting the Pastoral Guidelines of the Diocese of Bandung; since 2011: Member of the Plenary of the Association of Catholic University Teachers (APTIK). In 2013 he was elected Prior Provincial O.S.C. of Bandung for three years.
The Diocese of Bandung (built in 1961), suffragan of Jakarta, has an area of 23,447 sq km, more than 29 million inhabitants, of whom about 90,000 Catholics; 23 parishes, 100 priests (33 diocesan and 67 religious), 5 religious brothers, 140 religious sisters and 23 major seminarians. (SL ) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2014)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas