ASIA/NEPAL - The new Apostolic Vicar walks "in the light of the Word of God"
Kathmandu (Agenzia Fides) - On June 29, the feast of Saints Peter and Paul, the episcopal ordination of Mgr. Paul Simick, former pastor of the Cathedral of Darjeeling, appointed by the Pope as new Apostolic Vicar of Nepal (see Fides 25/04/2014), will be celebrated.
As reported to Fides Agency by the local Church, the Ordination will be held in the auditorium of St. Mary School in the town of Jawalakhel, in Kathmandu.
A massive participation of Catholics in Nepal is expected. The new Bishop chose "Lucerna pedibus meis Verbum tuum", as his episcopal motto and intends to walk the streets of Nepal enlightened by the Word of God.
Mgr. Simick made his first visit to the seat of the episcopate in Kathmandu about a month ago, where he stayed for five days. He was welcomed by representatives of the Church, by religious and laity at the airport in Kathmandu.
During his stay he visited several religious houses, parishes and communities in the Kathmandu Valley. As Fides learns, he was received and welcomed with joy by priests, religious and lay people in different places and parishes. The Bishop asked everyone for prayers to help him in his pastoral ministry in Nepal.
In May, several Catholic communities in Nepal, prayed to the Virgin to protect and defend the new Apostolic Vicar. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 02/06/2014)
- 2015-09-28 - Worrying signs for Christians?
- 2015-09-16 - The Constitution confirms the secular state, extremist groups attack three churches
- 2015-09-08 - Children and teachers do lessons among the rubble of former schools
- 2015-08-01 - Post earthquake aggravates situation of early marriages: 2 out of every 5 girls married before the age of 18
- 2015-07-30 - ASIA/NEPAL – Months after the earthquake prime necessities still needed
- 2015-07-06 - Earthquake: the help of religious congregations
- 2015-06-30 - The aid of Caritas after the earthquake has begun to bear fruit
- 2015-06-27 - Debt relief for Nepal: the IMF says "no"
- 2015-06-24 - "Solidarity generates new hope after the earthquake", says a Jesuit
- 2015-06-09 - Children bought for $ 500 among the ruins of the earthquake