AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Transparency in everything, because people must have confidence
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Conference of El Salvador has ruled on the government's initiative to propose a truce among gangs to end the violence and said that any attempt regarding social peace must be based on transparency. The occasion was the first meeting of the public security, which was also attended by the Catholic Church.
"We must not make an initial mistake, because it is a delicate process, everything must be transparent - said the auxiliary Bishop of San Salvador, His Exc. Mgr.Gregorio Rosa Chavez, in his usual press conference on Sunday - . people need confidence, need to believe, and it is our fault if they do not believe because we are not honest, because many think that this situation has no solution".
The note sent to Fides Agency by a local source reports that the authorities of public security announced last week that the revival of the truce among the gangs will try to unify the various sectors of civil society, churches, NGOs, associations and unions, in order to stop the violence in the Country. There will be a meeting in coming days where those responsible for the United Nations Program for Development (UNDP) and the Fundación Nacional para el Desarrollo (Funde) will also be present. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2015-09-28 - Mgr. Romero: a guiding light for sustainable development and social justice in Central America
- 2015-09-21 - Mgr. Escobar Alas denounces: "The new tax will in particular hit low-income families"
- 2015-09-09 - "Problems are not solved with demonstrations, but with good will" said Mgr. Escobar
- 2015-08-17 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Crowds of faithful gather to commemorate the birth of Blessed Oscar Romero
- 2015-08-10 - 16 murders a day, the church launches an appeal to stop violence
- 2015-08-10 - The Holy Father's concern for the violence in El Salvador
- 2015-08-01 - No negotiating with gangs in the plan for National Security
- 2015-06-27 - Mgr. Romero Romero is recognized as "Son Meritísimo of El Salvador"
- 2015-06-03 - Dengue fever mainly affects school age children
- 2015-06-01 - "The numbers of murders are manipulated in order to create chaos", denounces Mgr. Rosa Chavez