AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Transparency in everything, because people must have confidence
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Conference of El Salvador has ruled on the government's initiative to propose a truce among gangs to end the violence and said that any attempt regarding social peace must be based on transparency. The occasion was the first meeting of the public security, which was also attended by the Catholic Church.
"We must not make an initial mistake, because it is a delicate process, everything must be transparent - said the auxiliary Bishop of San Salvador, His Exc. Mgr.Gregorio Rosa Chavez, in his usual press conference on Sunday - . people need confidence, need to believe, and it is our fault if they do not believe because we are not honest, because many think that this situation has no solution".
The note sent to Fides Agency by a local source reports that the authorities of public security announced last week that the revival of the truce among the gangs will try to unify the various sectors of civil society, churches, NGOs, associations and unions, in order to stop the violence in the Country. There will be a meeting in coming days where those responsible for the United Nations Program for Development (UNDP) and the Fundación Nacional para el Desarrollo (Funde) will also be present. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2014-09-23 - Dengue and chikungunya: the most affected age group ranges from 5 to 19
- 2014-09-11 - Contribution of the Church for a monument to reconciliation, which inspires to seek peace
- 2014-07-15 - The Archbishop of San Salvador: Mexico and the United States have to ensure the rights of children
- 2014-07-03 - 1,512 suspected cases of chikungunya in addition to 5,698 confirmed cases of dengue
- 2014-05-20 - Violence in parts of Central America also encourages children to emigrate alone
- 2014-05-05 - "We cannot continue to bury young people every day" denounced Mgr. Rosa Chavez
- 2014-04-28 - Transparency in everything, because people must have confidence
- 2014-03-24 - Salvadorans commemorate the assassination of Mgr. Romero, in view of his beatification
- 2014-03-18 - Elections 2014: the Church asks the newly-elected President for an "attitude of dialogue"
- 2014-01-09 - Child abuse by parents or their guardians continue