AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Transparency in everything, because people must have confidence
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops' Conference of El Salvador has ruled on the government's initiative to propose a truce among gangs to end the violence and said that any attempt regarding social peace must be based on transparency. The occasion was the first meeting of the public security, which was also attended by the Catholic Church.
"We must not make an initial mistake, because it is a delicate process, everything must be transparent - said the auxiliary Bishop of San Salvador, His Exc. Mgr.Gregorio Rosa Chavez, in his usual press conference on Sunday - . people need confidence, need to believe, and it is our fault if they do not believe because we are not honest, because many think that this situation has no solution".
The note sent to Fides Agency by a local source reports that the authorities of public security announced last week that the revival of the truce among the gangs will try to unify the various sectors of civil society, churches, NGOs, associations and unions, in order to stop the violence in the Country. There will be a meeting in coming days where those responsible for the United Nations Program for Development (UNDP) and the Fundación Nacional para el Desarrollo (Funde) will also be present. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2015-05-25 - Archbishop Romero beatified: "symbol of peace, harmony and brotherhood"
- 2015-05-19 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Preparation for the beatification of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-04-29 - Beatification of Mgr. Romero: 9 heads of state have already confirmed their participation
- 2015-04-21 - Poverty exacerbates the living conditions of HIV-positive children
- 2015-03-24 - "Young people want to know more about Romero"
- 2015-03-12 - "The saint of all El Salvador" - beatification of Mgr. Romero on 23 May
- 2015-02-05 - Feast in Ciudad Barrios, the birthplace of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-02-04 - Mgr. Romero Beato: "Immense joy in the Salvadoran Church"; "It will be a historic event," emphasizes the Presidency
- 2015-02-03 - Auxiliary Bishop: we do not negotiate any truce, we want an open dialogue with all
- 2015-01-28 - "Yo soy uno de ellos": young children in parishes and schools in favor of the most vulnerable