AFRICA/ANGOLA - The challenges of ethics for Catholic leaders
Luanda (Agenzia Fides) - The conference on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the founding of the Christian Association of Managers and Executives (ACGD, in Portuguese), on the theme "Truth and ethics, challenges for African leaders" opens tomorrow, February 14, in Luanda. According to a statement sent to Fides Agency, during the conference we will celebrate the fifth anniversary of the establishment of ACGD, and will reflect on truth and ethics "as cross-cutting dimensions for the sustainability of organizations, political institutions and interpersonal relationships and as a challenge in African societies". The objectives of the conference are the strengthening of relations among the members of the ACGD; the consolidation of ties between the ACGD and sister and Portuguese-speaking organizations in Africa; the dissemination of the values of the Catholic organization (ethics, virtue and mission) in Angolan society. Angola is a very rich Country in resources, but these are poorly distributed. Proper ethics in the business world and politics can help to correct this situation. (L.M) (Agenzia Fides 13/02/2014)
- 2015-11-12 - "Cleaning" operation for Independence Day
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops: "Reconciliation and national unity is a task that never ends"
- 2015-10-26 - AFRICA/ANGOLA – Bishops put reconciliation at the centre of celebrations to mark 40 years of independence
- 2015-09-02 - Fighting illegal financial flows to find resources for the continent's development
- 2015-03-24 - AFRICA/ANGOLA – Angola, a nation of contradictions
- 2014-12-09 - AFRICA/ANGOLA – Archbishop of Luanda appointed
- 2014-02-13 - The challenges of ethics for Catholic leaders
- 2013-11-28 - Tensions in Angola after the killing of an opponent; the Bishops: "one must follow the path of peace"
- 2013-11-19 - A senior Angolan wanted by Brazil for human trafficking
- 2013-11-07 - "Abortion is a threat to the very existence of the nation", the Bishops said