Acta of the Holy See
AFRICA/SOUTH AFRICA - Appointment of the Bishop of Port Elizabeth
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On February 2 , 2014, the Holy Father Rev. appointed Fr. Vincent Mduduzi Zungu, O.F.M., Definitor General for Africa and the Middle East, in Rome as Bishop of the Diocese of Port Elizabeth (South Africa).
Fr. Vincent Mduduzi Zungu, O.F.M., was born on April 28, 1966, in the village of Mbongolwane, in the Diocese of Eshowe. He studied Philosophy and Theology at St. John Vianney Major Seminary, in Pretoria. He entered the Franciscan Order on January 18, 1988. He obtained a Licentiate in Moral Theology at the Catholic University of Strasbourg, France (2001-2005). He was ordained a priest on July 8, 1995.
Since ordination he has served in various pastoral and diocesan roles: 1996-1999: Assistant priest in the Mission of Hardenberg; 2000-2006: Master of Novices and Guardian of the convent of Besters; 2007-2008: Professor of the St. John Vianney Major Seminary, Provincial Vicar and Assistant of the Postulants; 2008-2009: Provincial of the Franciscans in South Africa. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 03/02/2014)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas