AMERICA/BOLIVIA - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
Beni (Agenzia Fides ) - On January 27, the government approved a decree declaring "national emergency" over the entire national territory, because of the floods and disasters caused by intense natural phenomena that occurred in large part of the country. Defense Minister Ruben Saavedra, has confirmed that until yesterday eight bodies of the ten people who had disappeared because of the floods that hit the area of Beni, in the province of José Ballivián, have been found. The bodies found are those of six civilians and two soldiers, therefore there are still two soldiers missing.
The note sent to Fides Agency by Caritas Boliviana reports that the heavy rain during the weekend caused the flooding of some rivers in different regions of the country and more than 6,000 homeless families.
The mayor of Rurrenabaque, Yerko Nunez, expressed his concern to the local press with regards to the prospects for the region, deploring the loss of human lives. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2014)
- 2015-05-05 - Adoption campaign for children with disabilities
- 2015-04-30 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Linguistic Missionary Formation: a thorough preparation for the mission
- 2015-04-29 - The Church is also growing in the use of the media: new website of the Archdiocese of La Paz
- 2015-04-20 - New date for the V Eucharistic Congress: September 16 to 20
- 2015-04-17 - "Bolivia is not out of the global crisis"; Bishops fear repercussions on the poor and excluded
- 2015-04-14 - Representatives of the Commission for the inter-institutional relations of CAM 5 elected
- 2015-04-01 - Morales's party wins, but loses much political ground
- 2015-03-30 - Minors remain a forgotten Sector of the population
- 2015-03-26 - More than 6 million to vote: the Bishops call for free and fair elections
- 2015-03-25 - "Bolivia Misionera", a new website committed to formation and permanent Mission