VATICAN - Migrants, "close to the heart of the Church"
Vatican City ( Agenzia Fides) - After praying the Angelus with the faithful gathered in St. Peter's Square on Sunday, January 19th, the Holy Father recalled the celebration of the World Day of Migrants and Refugees, on the theme "Migrants and refugees: towards a better world", with these words: "A special greeting to the representatives of various ethnic communities gathered here, in particular the Catholic community in Rome. Dear friends, you are close to the heart of the Church, because the Church is a people on a journey toward the Kingdom of God, that Jesus Christ brought into our midst. Do not lose hope for a better future! I hope you are able to live in peace in the Countries that welcome you, and that they are able to maintain the values of your culture of origin. I would like to thank those who work with migrants and welcome and accompany them in their difficult times, in defending them from those that the Blessed Scalabrini called "merchants of human flesh", who want to enslave migrants! In particular, I wish to thank the Congregation of the Missionaries of St. Charles, Scalabrini fathers and sisters who do so much good for the Church and become migrants with migrants. At the moment let us think about the many migrants, many refugees, their suffering, their lives, many times without a job, without documents, so much pain; and together we can all pray for migrants and refugees who live more serious and more difficult situations: Hail Mary ... ". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 20/01/2014)
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over