AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Child abuse by parents or their guardians continue
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - From January to the month of August 2013 a total of 1794 children were assisted by the Salvadoran Institute for the Integral Development of Children and Adolescents (ISNA). According to ISNA all the rights of these young victims were violated in the State of El Salvador.
Abandonment, sexual abuse, neglect or disinterest are the most common situations among children and adolescents in the Country. More specifically, between January and September, a total of 375 children, 174 females and 201 males, were abandoned by their parents or guardians. In addition, some were left alone in their homes in poor conditions and without food. 233 were sexually abused. Begging, ill-treatment, sexual and economic exploitation are other violated rights of Salvadoran children and adolescents. According to recent data from the United Nations Fund for Children (UNICEF), 2 million and 300 thousand children live in El Salvador. The rate of social violence in the Country is 43.3 murders per 100 thousand inhabitants and involves a large number of children who are often forced to leave school . (AP) (Agenzia Fides 09/01/2014)
- 2015-05-19 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Preparation for the beatification of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-04-29 - Beatification of Mgr. Romero: 9 heads of state have already confirmed their participation
- 2015-04-21 - Poverty exacerbates the living conditions of HIV-positive children
- 2015-03-24 - "Young people want to know more about Romero"
- 2015-03-12 - "The saint of all El Salvador" - beatification of Mgr. Romero on 23 May
- 2015-02-05 - Feast in Ciudad Barrios, the birthplace of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-02-04 - Mgr. Romero Beato: "Immense joy in the Salvadoran Church"; "It will be a historic event," emphasizes the Presidency
- 2015-02-03 - Auxiliary Bishop: we do not negotiate any truce, we want an open dialogue with all
- 2015-01-28 - "Yo soy uno de ellos": young children in parishes and schools in favor of the most vulnerable
- 2014-11-03 - The National Security Council begins