Acta of the Holy See
ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Appointment of Auxiliaries for the Archdiocese of Seoul
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On December 30, 2013, the Holy Father appointed: Rev. Timothy Yu Gyoung-chon, Director of the Archdiocesan Pastoral Care and Research Center and Rev. Fr. Peter Chung Soon-taek, O.C.D., General definitor of the Discalced Carmelites in Rome, as Auxiliaries for the Archdiocese of Seoul (Korea). Rev. Timothy Yu Gyoung-chon was assigned the titular see of Puppi, and Rev. Peter Chung Soon-taek was assigned the titular see of Tamazuca.
Rev. Timothy Yu Gyoung-chon was born on September 4, 1962 in Jung-gu, Jungrim-dong, in the Archdiocese of Seoul. He began his studies at the Catholic University of Seoul (major Seminary) and obtained a BA in Theology (1981-1987). He continued his theological studies at the University of Wuerzburg in Germany, obtaining a Licentiate in Theology (1988-1992). He was ordained a priest on January 30, 1992 for the Archdiocese of Seoul.
After ordination he has served in the following pastoral and academic roles: 1992-1998: Studies in Germany (Sankt Georgen, Frankfurt) for a Doctorate in Moral Theology; 1999 Parochial Vicar in Mok-dong, for a few months; 1999-2008: Professor at the Catholic University of Seoul (major Seminary); since 2008: Director of the Institute for Integral Pastoral Ministry of the Archdiocese of Seoul, and is currently priest of Myeongil-dong (Seoul).
Rev. Fr. Peter Chung Soon-taek, O.C.D., was born on August 5, 1961, in Daegu. He first studied Chemical Engineering at the University of Seoul (1983-1986). He later studied philosophy and theology at the Catholic University of Seoul (major Seminary) (1986-1992). He took perpetual vows on January 25, 1992 in the Order of the Discalced Carmelites, O.C.D., and was ordained a priest on 16 July 1992. After ordination he has served in the following pstoral and academic roles: 1993-1997: Master of Novices; 1997-1998: Master of students; 1999-2004: Studies in Sacred Scriptures at the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome; 2005-2008: provincial definitor of the Discalced Carmelites of Korea; 2008-2009: First definitor of the Discalced Carmelites of Korea; 2009: Definitor General, in Rome , in for the Far East and Oceania. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 02/01/2014)
ACTA OF THE HOLY SEE
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas