Acta of the Holy See
AMERICA/CANADA - Appointment of the Bishop of Mackenzie-Fort Smith
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Holy Father Francis, on 15 October 2013, appointed Rev.do Mark Hagemoen of the clergy of Vancouver, Director of the Catholic Colleges of Corpus Christi and St. Mark 's, in Vancouver as Bishop of the Diocese of Mackenzie-Fort Smith (Canada).
Rev.do Mark Hagemoen was born in Vancouver, on September 4, 1961. He went to primary school at the Holy Trinity Catholic school, and then went to the College of Vancouver, run by the Irish Christian Brothers. He obtained a Bachelor of Arts at the University of British Columbia and in 1990 he obtained a Master of Divinity, after having completed his priestly formation at St. Peter's Major Seminary in London, in Canada. He was ordained a priest on 12 May 1990 and given the title of Prelate of Honor in 2006.
He studied for a short time in the United States, respectively at Seattle University, where he obtained a degree in Youth Ministry in 1996, and at the University of Chicago, where he obtained a diploma in Advanced Study in Ministry in 1997. Later on, he enrolled at the University of Trinity Western, in Vancouver, he continued to study while he was carrying out the ministry of parish priest and Vicar general. In 2007 he obtained the title of Doctor in Ministry.
After ordination he held the following positions: 1990-1992: Assistant priest at St. Stephen, in Vancouver; 1992-1994: Parish Vicar at St. Mary, in Chilliwack; 1994-1999: Director of Pastoral Care for the Youth of the Archdiocese; 1999-2004: Pastor at St. Nicolas, in Langley; 2004-2009: Vicar general of the Archdiocese; 2007-2011: Episcopal Vicar for the diocesan pastoral services; 2011 Priest at St. John the Apostle, in Vancouver; Since 2011: Director of Catholic Colleges of Corpus Christi and St. Mark 's, in Vancouver. Since 2004 he has been a Member of the Board of the Center for Ministry Developement, of the College of Consultors and of the Council of the Catholic Little Flower Academy High School for Girls, in Vancouver. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 15/10/2013)
Acta of the Holy See
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas