AFRICA - Dispensaries and charitable initiatives for the poor and disabled
Bonoua (Agenzia Fides) - New apostolic and charitable initiatives by the Society founded by Don Orione confirm the charisma of the religious brothers in favor of the poor and needy. Present in 30 Countries around the world and are particularly active in Africa. Among the most recent initiatives, as informs the statement sent to Fides Agency, the opening of 5 new communities: in Tampellin, Banfora, Burkina Faso, in Lomé, Togo, in Kandisi, Kenya, in Ambanja, Madagascar. In the last year, centers for the disabled in Maputo, Mozambique, and Antsofinondry, Madagascar have been set up. Among the projects being implemented, there is a reception center for pilgrims at the shrine of "Notre Dame de la Garde" in Bonoua, Côte d' Ivoire. In Benfica, on the outskirts of the city of Maputo, there is also a small Seminary, for 25/30 seminarians, in the area of the village of charity for disabled and abandoned children. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 12/09/2013)
- 2015-09-28 - Resignation of the Bishop of Kaga-Bandoro and appointment of successor
- 2015-09-16 - Cardinal Filoni at the tomb of Mother Teresa, "a model of love for God and for the poor"
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni in India, "Calcutta has become synonymous with mercy thanks to Mother Teresa"
- 2015-09-04 - Appointment of the Rector of the "St. Albert's College" Seminary in Ranchi
- 2015-09-01 - Appointment of the Rector of the "St. Francis Xavier" Philosophical Seminary in Agra
- 2015-08-31 - Appointment of Rector of the regional "Holy Trinity" Major Seminary in Jalandhar
- 2015-08-28 - Appointment of the Apostolic Administrator of Papeete
- 2015-08-28 - Appointment of the Coadjutor Archbishop of Khartoum
- 2015-07-22 - National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2015-07-20 - Elevation to the episcopal dignity of Apostolic Administrator of Makeni