AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Mgr. Scarpellini appointed Bishop of El Alto
El Alto (Agenzia Fides) – His Exc. Mgr. Fernando Bascopé, Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese of El Alto (Bolivia), in a note sent to Fides thanks God for the gift of a new bishop for the diocese: His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini renewed his commitment to work together in this mission that the Lord has entrusted to him. Mgr. Bascopé also informs that the inauguration of the new Bishop of El Alto will take place on August 31 in the Cathedral of Collpani.
The Diocese of El Alto was established on June 25, 1994 and covers an area of 23 thousand sq. km. His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini was born on January 8, 1954 in Verdellino (Italy), he was ordained on June 17, 1978 for the Diocese of Bergamo (Italy), in January 1988 he was sent as a "Fidei donum" missionary in Bolivia and carried out his priestly service in the Archdiocese of La Paz. He was appointed National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia in 2004, a position he continues to carry out to this day, and Coordinator of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Latin America. He was elected Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto on July 15, 2010, he is currently Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Bolivia. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/07/2013)
AMERICA/BOLIVIA – MGR. SCARPELLINI APPOINTED BISHOP OF EL ALTO
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”