AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Mgr. Scarpellini appointed Bishop of El Alto
El Alto (Agenzia Fides) – His Exc. Mgr. Fernando Bascopé, Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese of El Alto (Bolivia), in a note sent to Fides thanks God for the gift of a new bishop for the diocese: His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini renewed his commitment to work together in this mission that the Lord has entrusted to him. Mgr. Bascopé also informs that the inauguration of the new Bishop of El Alto will take place on August 31 in the Cathedral of Collpani.
The Diocese of El Alto was established on June 25, 1994 and covers an area of 23 thousand sq. km. His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini was born on January 8, 1954 in Verdellino (Italy), he was ordained on June 17, 1978 for the Diocese of Bergamo (Italy), in January 1988 he was sent as a "Fidei donum" missionary in Bolivia and carried out his priestly service in the Archdiocese of La Paz. He was appointed National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia in 2004, a position he continues to carry out to this day, and Coordinator of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Latin America. He was elected Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto on July 15, 2010, he is currently Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Bolivia. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/07/2013)
- 2013-12-03 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Bishops' message at the end of the Year of Faith: "Faith is a treasure to live as children of God"
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - During their 96th meeting, the Bolivian Bishops will close the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Two thousand children sentenced to life behind bars along with their imprisoned mothers
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "It is time for human integration": conclusions of the meeting between Peru, Bolivia and Chile
- 2013-10-23 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Integration, youth and migration: Priorities of the tripartite meeting in Peru, Bolivia and Chile
- 2013-10-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Missionary Children: Third Congress with more than 2000 children in the area of Potosi
- 2013-09-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Peace and War, a key concern of the Church in Bolivia
- 2013-08-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Violence and overcrowding in the prison of Palmasola: condemnation of Bishops
- 2013-08-05 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "Aim for the common good, attentive towards those who seek wealth or power": an invitation to reflect on national holiday