AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Mgr. Scarpellini appointed Bishop of El Alto
El Alto (Agenzia Fides) – His Exc. Mgr. Fernando Bascopé, Apostolic Administrator of the Diocese of El Alto (Bolivia), in a note sent to Fides thanks God for the gift of a new bishop for the diocese: His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini renewed his commitment to work together in this mission that the Lord has entrusted to him. Mgr. Bascopé also informs that the inauguration of the new Bishop of El Alto will take place on August 31 in the Cathedral of Collpani.
The Diocese of El Alto was established on June 25, 1994 and covers an area of 23 thousand sq. km. His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Scarpellini was born on January 8, 1954 in Verdellino (Italy), he was ordained on June 17, 1978 for the Diocese of Bergamo (Italy), in January 1988 he was sent as a "Fidei donum" missionary in Bolivia and carried out his priestly service in the Archdiocese of La Paz. He was appointed National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia in 2004, a position he continues to carry out to this day, and Coordinator of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Latin America. He was elected Auxiliary Bishop of El Alto on July 15, 2010, he is currently Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Bolivia. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/07/2013)
AMERICA/BOLIVIA – MGR. SCARPELLINI APPOINTED BISHOP OF EL ALTO
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis