AMERICA/HAITI - A missionary killed in the capital of Haiti
Port au Prince (Agenzia Fides) - A missionary of the Society of Mary, Canadian priest, was killed on April 24 in the capital of Haiti, on the same day in which the Haitian authorities had defined the results achieved in the fight against crime in the country "positive".
As reported to Fides, the victim is father Richard E. Joyal, 62, The event took place in the north of Port au Prince, shortly after the priest had come out of a bank in the area.
The police said father Joyal had left the bank with thousands of Canadian dollars, when two men on a motorcycle approached him, they grapped a package he was carrying under his arm and then shot him three times in the back. The police added that the alleged thieves did not take the money that was in the victim's wallet. The missionary had previously worked as a missionary in the Philippines and the Ivory Coast. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/04/2013)
- 2015-08-31 - New reception facility for the poorest families who live on the outskirts of the capital
- 2015-08-10 - 5 million Haitians vote in the midst of delays and clashes
- 2015-07-03 - Demonstration for Haitians who risk expulsion from the Dominican Republic
- 2015-06-01 - Nine Haitian Redemptorists have been ordained
- 2015-03-20 - Three murders a day: unprecedented wave of aggression, crimes and violence
- 2015-03-14 - Instability and violence against the religious
- 2015-03-12 - Gang attacks against religious institutes continue
- 2015-01-19 - New cabinet of Haiti to be sworn in today
- 2015-01-14 - AMERICA/HAITI – Parliament dissolved, demonstrations against President increase
- 2015-01-12 - Agreement between the President and opposition: elections in 2015