AMERICA/HAITI - A missionary killed in the capital of Haiti
Port au Prince (Agenzia Fides) - A missionary of the Society of Mary, Canadian priest, was killed on April 24 in the capital of Haiti, on the same day in which the Haitian authorities had defined the results achieved in the fight against crime in the country "positive".
As reported to Fides, the victim is father Richard E. Joyal, 62, The event took place in the north of Port au Prince, shortly after the priest had come out of a bank in the area.
The police said father Joyal had left the bank with thousands of Canadian dollars, when two men on a motorcycle approached him, they grapped a package he was carrying under his arm and then shot him three times in the back. The police added that the alleged thieves did not take the money that was in the victim's wallet. The missionary had previously worked as a missionary in the Philippines and the Ivory Coast. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/04/2013)
- 2014-12-09 - Foyer Bethlehem: “giving persons with disabilities what nature and human indifference have denied them”
- 2014-12-01 - A Commission to save the country from the crisis
- 2014-11-27 - The Church ready to intervene to ensure the country's political future
- 2014-10-16 - Haiti will ask for an extension to the Dominican Republic to regulate the "sans papiers"
- 2014-09-23 - Social movements denounce the failure of the UN Mission, protests in the streets
- 2014-08-21 - Elections postponed and there is growing uncertainty about the future of the Country
- 2014-07-08 - The chikungunya virus attacks the poor, even the Church is committed to keeping the disease under control
- 2014-06-04 - Project "House built, hope fulfilled – Vita Ville" for many families, victims of the earthquake
- 2014-05-28 - Economic support for Haitian mothers who live in extreme poverty
- 2014-05-16 - Three years of Martelly’s presidency, among acclaim and requests for resignation