AMERICA/HAITI - A missionary killed in the capital of Haiti
Port au Prince (Agenzia Fides) - A missionary of the Society of Mary, Canadian priest, was killed on April 24 in the capital of Haiti, on the same day in which the Haitian authorities had defined the results achieved in the fight against crime in the country "positive".
As reported to Fides, the victim is father Richard E. Joyal, 62, The event took place in the north of Port au Prince, shortly after the priest had come out of a bank in the area.
The police said father Joyal had left the bank with thousands of Canadian dollars, when two men on a motorcycle approached him, they grapped a package he was carrying under his arm and then shot him three times in the back. The police added that the alleged thieves did not take the money that was in the victim's wallet. The missionary had previously worked as a missionary in the Philippines and the Ivory Coast. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/04/2013)
- 2013-11-28 AMERICA/HAITI – Haitians escape, they must avoid the violence on behalf of neighbors
- 2013-11-14 AMERICA/HAITI - More than 170 murders and violence continues, we need a plan for disarmament
- 2013-11-13 AMERICA/HAITI - " The rebuilding begins to bear fruit", the U.S. Bishops’ report on the aid to the Church in Haiti
- 2013-11-09 AMERICA/HAITI - Tension in the capital: the protest against President Martelly increases
- 2013-09-10 AMERICA/HAITI - A common strategy to combat trafficking of Haitians who emigrate to Brazil
- 2013-08-05 AMERICA/HAITI - First stone of the parish of the Sacred Heart, supported by North American Catholics
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/HAITI - Vaccination campaign against deadly childhood diseases
- 2013-04-26 AMERICA/HAITI - A missionary killed in the capital of Haiti
- 2013-01-16 AMERICA/HAITI - 3 years after the earthquake, the Redemptorist reorganize Popular Missions
- 2012-12-07 AMERICA/HAITI - Microcredit for Haitian women in difficulty, but creative and tenacious