AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – April is the month of childhood in Bolivia. Even the media emphasize in particular news or articles concerning children. Among the protagonists unfortunately there are plenty of street children, in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra alone there are over a thousand. Along with La Paz, the city is the one that counts the highest rate of street children and working children. In Latin America it is estimated that there are approximately 40 million. As part of an advertising campaign against this phenomenon, hundreds of Bolivian boys and girls represented with drawings what could be a happy world for them. According to the UN around there are150 million children in the world who live on the streets, a figure that increases daily. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 19/04/2013)
- 2014-02-28 AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Bishops' message at the end of the Year of Faith: "Faith is a treasure to live as children of God"
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - During their 96th meeting, the Bolivian Bishops will close the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Two thousand children sentenced to life behind bars along with their imprisoned mothers
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "It is time for human integration": conclusions of the meeting between Peru, Bolivia and Chile