AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – April is the month of childhood in Bolivia. Even the media emphasize in particular news or articles concerning children. Among the protagonists unfortunately there are plenty of street children, in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra alone there are over a thousand. Along with La Paz, the city is the one that counts the highest rate of street children and working children. In Latin America it is estimated that there are approximately 40 million. As part of an advertising campaign against this phenomenon, hundreds of Bolivian boys and girls represented with drawings what could be a happy world for them. According to the UN around there are150 million children in the world who live on the streets, a figure that increases daily. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 19/04/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis