AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) – April is the month of childhood in Bolivia. Even the media emphasize in particular news or articles concerning children. Among the protagonists unfortunately there are plenty of street children, in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra alone there are over a thousand. Along with La Paz, the city is the one that counts the highest rate of street children and working children. In Latin America it is estimated that there are approximately 40 million. As part of an advertising campaign against this phenomenon, hundreds of Bolivian boys and girls represented with drawings what could be a happy world for them. According to the UN around there are150 million children in the world who live on the streets, a figure that increases daily. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 19/04/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz