EUROPE/SPAIN - Enthusiasm for the new Pope and waiting for further progress against hunger and poverty
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The echo of the election of the new Pontiff, Pope Francis, is felt even among Catholic organizations. Among these, great joy was expressed by the NGO Manos Unidas of the Spanish Church, which expressed the hope that the new Pope, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, continue to support the defense and promotion of the most disadvantaged and respect for human rights, and launches an appeal to the international community to commit itself in the eradication of poverty and hunger and to promote dialogue between cultures and religions, to foster peace and create true universal fraternity. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2013)
- 2015-07-23 - Trafficking of human persons, "flourishing business on the increase”
- 2015-07-17 - Priest stabbed to death on the doorstep
- 2015-07-07 - Cardinal Filoni in Burgos: "Can we say that the people of God today are missionary people?"
- 2015-05-21 - Hunger is not inevitable: 350 thousand children in the world against child malnutrition
- 2015-05-21 - Support for an alternative model for the regional economy developed by Caritas
- 2015-05-13 - Minerals, cause of conflicts in the world: NGOs ask the EU for "a strong law"
- 2015-04-24 - Migrants: disappointment for the CIE Regulation, approved a year ago and still unrealized
- 2015-04-21 - The Bishops in assembly: Mission, emigration and social crisis
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa