VATICAN - Lent in communion with Christians who suffer
Paris (Agenzia Fides) - Live "a different Lent " with the mere thought of "Christians in the world who are suffering for Christ's sake": is the invitation addressed to all the faithful in the world by the pontifical right Society "Aid to the Church Need "(ACN): As reported to Fides Agency, the French office of the Society has launched the initiative to dedicate each day of Lent to a reality, a community, a nation where Christians suffer because of their faith. ACS explains in a statement sent to Fides that in the Year of Faith, the Pope's message for Lent 2013 defines a Christian "a person conquered by the love of Christ," and therefore, moved by this love, "is deeply practical and open to the love of one’s neighbor. "With this spirit, every Christian in the world can be in communion of prayer with their persecuted brothers and sisters, in regions far away. To accomplish this, we will use modern means of communication such as the Internet: by registering on the website www.40joursdecompassion.org, you will receive via e-mail a prayer for the Christians in a given country every morning, as well as information on their situation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/02/2013)
- 2014-12-03 - VATICAN – Religious leaders resolve “to work for the freedom of all those who are enslaved and trafficked”
- 2014-11-26 - The First International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month