VATICAN - Lent in communion with Christians who suffer
Paris (Agenzia Fides) - Live "a different Lent " with the mere thought of "Christians in the world who are suffering for Christ's sake": is the invitation addressed to all the faithful in the world by the pontifical right Society "Aid to the Church Need "(ACN): As reported to Fides Agency, the French office of the Society has launched the initiative to dedicate each day of Lent to a reality, a community, a nation where Christians suffer because of their faith. ACS explains in a statement sent to Fides that in the Year of Faith, the Pope's message for Lent 2013 defines a Christian "a person conquered by the love of Christ," and therefore, moved by this love, "is deeply practical and open to the love of one’s neighbor. "With this spirit, every Christian in the world can be in communion of prayer with their persecuted brothers and sisters, in regions far away. To accomplish this, we will use modern means of communication such as the Internet: by registering on the website www.40joursdecompassion.org, you will receive via e-mail a prayer for the Christians in a given country every morning, as well as information on their situation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/02/2013)
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin