VATICAN - Lent in communion with Christians who suffer
Paris (Agenzia Fides) - Live "a different Lent " with the mere thought of "Christians in the world who are suffering for Christ's sake": is the invitation addressed to all the faithful in the world by the pontifical right Society "Aid to the Church Need "(ACN): As reported to Fides Agency, the French office of the Society has launched the initiative to dedicate each day of Lent to a reality, a community, a nation where Christians suffer because of their faith. ACS explains in a statement sent to Fides that in the Year of Faith, the Pope's message for Lent 2013 defines a Christian "a person conquered by the love of Christ," and therefore, moved by this love, "is deeply practical and open to the love of one’s neighbor. "With this spirit, every Christian in the world can be in communion of prayer with their persecuted brothers and sisters, in regions far away. To accomplish this, we will use modern means of communication such as the Internet: by registering on the website www.40joursdecompassion.org, you will receive via e-mail a prayer for the Christians in a given country every morning, as well as information on their situation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 14/02/2013)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"