EUROPE/SPAIN - A video on the internet explains to children what it means to be a missionary
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - "What a missionary gives" is the title of a cartoon animation that aims to explain to the children what it means to be missionaries. The Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Spain have prepared this video, together with other material, on the occasion of Missionary Childhood Day, which is celebrated in Spain on Sunday, January 27. On this occasion, a Mass will be celebrated at the Blessed Sacrament School in Madrid, and will be broadcast on Spanish TV (La 2 ).
The note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS of Spain, Don Anastasio Gil, National Director of the PMS, explains the meaning of the video: "This is a way to show children and adolescents, not to mention adults, how the love for the needy is an opportunity to discover the missionary vocation and the source of happiness, and so they can transmit it to others. "
In the video, presented and put online since January 21, tells the story of a young man living in a big city. At the beginning it shows the protagonist leaving a shopping center full of parcels and envelopes that he has just bought. On the way home he runs into some poor people who ask for help, but he continues to walk without noticing. His attitude changes when he passes in front of a table and sees the work of the parish for the poor. He then began to give everything he had bought, to the point he had nothing left in his pockets. Only when the young man gave everything he has the feeling he is flying. He reaches the clouds and from there sees an African village, he then discovers his vocation: to go there to help the needy and bring the Good News. A voice concludes: "If you want to be truly happy, you have to give everything. But if what you really want is to fly, then you have to give yourself to God completely, as a missionary." (CE) (Agenzia Fides, 26/01/2013)
- 2014-10-31 - Alarm tuberculosis: outdated policies will not be able to stop the peak of TB drug-resistant strains
- 2014-10-31 - Caritas Spain receives an award "for the defense of the rights of the people"
- 2014-10-23 - Every year 100,000 Christians die because of religious persecution
- 2014-10-23 - Concerned about "our" problems, while thousands of people die every day
- 2014-10-17 - While 805 million people suffer from hunger, 30% of food is wasted
- 2014-10-09 - "Now it is not possible to stop us": campaign against child mortality
- 2014-10-08 - V Centenary of St. Teresa of Jesus
- 2014-09-26 - Another Spanish missionary doctor suffering from ebola died in Madrid
- 2014-08-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Celebration for 484 missionaries of Palencia around the world
- 2014-07-22 - March for solidarity: 1600 million unemployed and 400 million young slaves in the world