AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Missing persons or murder disguised?
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of San Salvador, His Exc. Mgr. José Luis Escobar Alas, showed during his usual press conference on Sunday, his concern about the number of missing persons reported with an increase in recent months and the discovery of bodies buried in mass graves in different parts of the country, as in the case of the athlete Alison Renderos, news that caused much surprise among the public. According to information Fides received, the Archbishop pointed out that, although there have always been disappearances in the country, now what seems to cause concern is the increased number of missing persons, although the number of homicides has decreased. The Archbishop of San Salvador called on the authorities to widen their investigation to determine whether these criminal practices have actually increased. "I have the impression that the death toll has declined and this is very good, but everything needs to be improved - said Mgr. Escobar Alas - and needs to be monitored so that the murders are not masked as missing". (CE) ( Agenzia Fides 11/6/2012)
- 2015-08-17 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Crowds of faithful gather to commemorate the birth of Blessed Oscar Romero
- 2015-08-10 - 16 murders a day, the church launches an appeal to stop violence
- 2015-08-10 - The Holy Father's concern for the violence in El Salvador
- 2015-08-01 - No negotiating with gangs in the plan for National Security
- 2015-06-27 - Mgr. Romero Romero is recognized as "Son Meritísimo of El Salvador"
- 2015-06-03 - Dengue fever mainly affects school age children
- 2015-06-01 - "The numbers of murders are manipulated in order to create chaos", denounces Mgr. Rosa Chavez
- 2015-05-25 - Archbishop Romero beatified: "symbol of peace, harmony and brotherhood"
- 2015-05-19 - AMERICA/EL SALVADOR – Preparation for the beatification of Mgr. Romero
- 2015-04-29 - Beatification of Mgr. Romero: 9 heads of state have already confirmed their participation