AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Missing persons or murder disguised?
San Salvador (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of San Salvador, His Exc. Mgr. José Luis Escobar Alas, showed during his usual press conference on Sunday, his concern about the number of missing persons reported with an increase in recent months and the discovery of bodies buried in mass graves in different parts of the country, as in the case of the athlete Alison Renderos, news that caused much surprise among the public. According to information Fides received, the Archbishop pointed out that, although there have always been disappearances in the country, now what seems to cause concern is the increased number of missing persons, although the number of homicides has decreased. The Archbishop of San Salvador called on the authorities to widen their investigation to determine whether these criminal practices have actually increased. "I have the impression that the death toll has declined and this is very good, but everything needs to be improved - said Mgr. Escobar Alas - and needs to be monitored so that the murders are not masked as missing". (CE) ( Agenzia Fides 11/6/2012)
- 2013-10-01 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Indigenous peoples continue to remain "invisible"
- 2013-08-12 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Canonization for Mgr. Romero, the Cuban Cardinal at the Eucharistic Congress
- 2013-07-08 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - "Everyone has to do their part in the peace process", Mgr. Rosa Chavez invites everyone to stop the violence in the country
- 2013-06-10 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - "Let us defend our water": Mgr. Escobar’s appeal
- 2013-05-15 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Truce or peace process, but the population still suffers violence, denounce the Bishops
- 2013-04-10 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - OAS and government together in the peace process, the truce between the gangs is a first step
- 2013-03-25 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Mgr. Romero was not a politician but a true pastor
- 2013-03-20 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Monsignor Romero, 33 years after his death the cause of beatification advances
- 2013-03-08 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - The truce between the gangs is a positive iniative, but more needs to be done
- 2013-02-25 AMERICA/EL SALVADOR - Appeal for electoral campaign without violence and with transparency