THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS KILLED DURING 2010
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – Once again this year, Fides publishes an annual document of all the pastoral workers who lost their lives in a violent manner over the course of the last 12 months. According to information in our possession, during 2010, 25 pastoral care workers were killed: one Bishop, 17 priests, one male religious, one religious sister, two seminarians and three lay people.
Analysing the list for each continent, again this year the place most affected, with an extremely elevated number of deaths is AMERICA, bathed with the blood of 17 pastoral care workers: 12 priests, one male religious, one seminarian and three lay people. Following is ASIA, with one Bishop, four priests and one religious sister killed. The least affected was AFRICA, where one priest and one seminarian violently lost their lives.
- 2012-12-29 VATICAN - PASTORAL CARE WORKERS KILLED IN 2012
- 2012-10-13 VATICAN - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2012
- 2011-12-30 THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, BISHOPS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS, KILLED IN THE YEAR 2011
- 2011-10-21 VATICAN - World Mission Day: Catholic Church Statistics
- 2010-12-30 THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS KILLED DURING 2010
- 2010-10-21 Pontifical Mission Societies support younger Churches, formation of seminarians and priests, poor children, and missionary activities for entire People of God
- 2010-10-20 Catholic Church Statistics 2010
- 2009-12-29 THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS KILLED DURING 2009
- 2009-06-27 Dossier - Saint Paul: Complementarity, a Vital Principle of Ecclesiastical Life
- 2009-06-10 Dossier: Living with the Eucharistic Lord - According to Mother Julia’s Example