ASIA/PAKISTAN - Evangelisation through music in Lent looking towards Easter: Catholic “Wave” studios announces new production
Lahore (Fides Service) - Announcing the Easter Message of Resurrection through music is the latest initiative undertaken by Wave Studio in Lahore, directed by Father John Nadeem. The project consists of a new audio-cassette registration of songs for Lent and Easter to be distributed to parishes, families and Catholic schools and associations throughout the archdiocese.
“Wave” is a recording studies opened under the aegis Commission for Social Communications of Lahore archdiocese, which works for evangelisation and the spreading of Christian values through the media. Using the most modern equipment, “Wave” produces and distributes music, audio material, radio programmes for catechesis and animation.
“The new audio-cassette - the authors tell Fides - is mainly for Catholic listeners, but it has been produced in such a way that it can be appreciated by believers of other religions who are agree on the necessity to build peace in the world. Our local Christians are very talented and they must learn to out their gifts at the disposal of others”.
Present for the launching of the new audio-cassette Archbishop Lawrence Saldanha, Archbishop of Lahore and President of the Pakistan Bishops’ Conference, who voiced appreciation for the work of the studio staff. The Archbishop said: “We truly need light, peace and hope. The media are a powerful means of promoting peace and spreading the Good News of the Gospel ”.
“Our mission - Father John Nadeem concluded- is to promote the Gospel values in the era of global communications”.
(PA) (Agenzia Fides 18/3/2004 lines 26 words 263)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty