Fidel González Fernández mccj - DANIELE COMBONI E LA RIGENERAZIONE DELL’AFRICA - Urban University Press
The missionary life of Daniele Comboni (1831-1881) devoted to the peoples of Africa coincides with one of the most controversial periods of modern Africa. In the 19th century the entire continent was pervaded with all kinds of passions and contradictions: exploration missions; conflict between powers for dominion over Africa, confrontation with the Muslim world, the slave trade, tribal wars. In this scene is set the missionary movement of the Catholic Church of which Comboni was one of the fathers. He proposed a global plan for the evangelisation of Africa with Africans as subjects of their evangelisation. He starts a new mode of Mission with the approval and support of Pope Pius IX and against the opinions of may ecclesiastic and secular circles he promotes an important missionary movement starting a number of works and institutes. The volume introduces to this ecclesial experience presenting some fundamental documents of Comboni set in their historical context.
Comboni Father Fidel González Fernández, Doctor in Theology and Church History and a journalist is the present Rector of Urban College de Propaganda Fide. He teaches at Urban College and at the pontifical Gregorian University and he is a consultor to the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples and the Congregation for the Causes of Saints. He has published about 100 books and articles on Africa where he was a missionary in Uganda for 11 years, as well as many books on evangelisation in South America.
(S.L.) (Agenzia Fides 24/2/2004 - Righe 17 ; Parole 227)
- 2007-10-23 - “COLOMBANO, UN SANTO PER L'EUROPA” COLUMBANUS A SAINT FOR EUROPE - Ed. Ancora
- 2007-03-17 - “GRAN BRETAGNA E VATICANO DURANTE LA SECONDA GUERRA MONDIALE” Ed. San Paolo - (original title Britain and the Vatican during the Second World War, 1986 Cambridge University Press)
- 2006-03-31 - "MARCELLO ZAGO - UNA VITA PER LA MISSIONE” - Editrice Missionari OMI
- 2006-01-19 - Helmut Moll at the request of the German Bishops’ Conference: ZEUGEN FÜR CHRISTUS - DAS DEUTSCHE MARTYROLOGIUM DES 20. JAHRHUNDERTS. WITNESSES FOR CHRIST - MARTYROLOGY OF THE 20TH CENTURY PADERBORN 1999 (SCHÖNINGH VERLAG)
- 2004-12-17 - A DOCTOR FROM PARGUE AT THE HEART OF AFRICA - Ed. EMI
- 2004-12-14 - DUE MONDI UNA VITA (Two Worlds One Life) - Luis Lintner. fidei donum priest and martyr - Ed. EMI
- 2004-11-12 - "THE POPES OF THE MODERN AGES" From Pius IX to John Paul II - Urbaniana University Press
- 2004-09-24 - BIBLIOGRAPHIA MISSIONARIA LXVII 2003.
- 2004-06-02 - EUROPE/ITALY - Guarire fino in fondo (To Recover Completely) - Elisabetta Garuti - Maria M. Rossi - Antonio Pari - Sandra Malacci -EMI, 2004, pp. 176, Euro 9,00
- 2004-05-25 - MONDO COMBONIANO - Ed. Emi (Italian only)