ASIA/TAIWAN - INTENSE PREPARATION FOR 8TH CONGRESS OF THE FAMILY OF RELIGIOUS IN ASIA AND OCEANIA: MAJOR EVEN OF COMMUNION AND SHARING FOR LOCAL CHURCHES
Taipei (Fides) – The entire family of religious men and women in Asia and Oceania is preparing for the inter-continental Meeting of Religious 20-30 October in Taiwan. The Congress the 8th Asian-Oceania Meeting of Religious has as tis main theme “Reweaving the network of Life”. After two years of intense work of preparation, the event i s ever closer and the Union dei Superiors of religious communities in Taiwan, are in putting the finishing touches to the organisation, programmes, hosting of delegates, paper material, advertising, information.
The Asian-Oceania Meeting of Religious meets every three years and brings together religious of the two continents. Its main goal is to foster a spirit of sharing and solidarity among the religious, exchange of experience and comparison on the theme of mission and evangelisation. The main theme chosen seeks to meet the regional necessities of the day. Countries take turns in hosting the Meeting. This year the event has a web site www.catholic.org.tw/amor13tw/ offering all kinds of information and material.
The Meeting’s logo is multi-coloured and takes inspiration from the first chapter of the book of Genesis. It shows the Spirit working amidst chaos: the blue is God, the white is the Spirit breathing on the waters, the Red is mankind sharing the life of God and the whirlwind represents communion of God in heaven with the earth and mankind. (NZ) (Fides Service 4/9/2003 Lines: 24 Words: 227)
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"