AMERICA/MEXICO - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - Local health authorities have decided to strengthen epidemiological control for the early detection of chikungunya cases and the provision of a microsite on the Secretary of Health website with information in this regard, although in Mexico only one imported case of the virus has been recorded. Starting from August 1 the site will be available for the training of the medical staff of all the institutions of the public and private sectors on the immediate control of patients with a clinical picture associated with the disease and to ensure proper care. These initiatives were taken as a result of the agreements reached during the National Meeting on Chikungunya Virus carried out in Guadalajara, Jalisco, where the participants discussed on how to strengthen the capacity of operational staff, to harmonize the criteria and define the activities of health promotion, epidemiological control, laboratory diagnosis, medical care and control of the insect vector. Data from the Pan American Health Organization reported that on the American continent the chikungunya virus, until July 25, 2014: 5260 autochthonous cases in 29 countries, 643 imported cases and 26 deaths in 26 countries. The protective measures and personal self-medication in homes to prevent chikungunya are the same as dengue. It is very important to use physical barriers such as mosquito nets on doors and windows. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 31/07/2014)
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus