AMERICA/BRAZIL - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
Manaus (Agenzia Fides) - "We believe that Catholics who inhabit the internet and social networks, are a new force capable of supporting concrete initiatives for the sole purpose of promoting the gospel and individual formation": is the idea that animates the promoters of the "national Catholic Congress online" (Conacat), the first of its kind organized in Brazil, which wants to respond to the repeated appeals launched by Pope Francis to build a culture of meeting, and will have the theme "All for the culture of meeting". According to information sent to Fides Agency, the event, with 42 speakers will last for seven days, from 11 to 17 August and will be completely free. It will be coordinated by the journalist, Wagner Moura, with the support of the Vice-President of the Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), His Exc. Mgr. José Belisario da Silva, Archbishop of Sao Luis do Maranhao, who in a video stressed: "it will be a very important Congress, with issues that affect all those who work for evangelization".
The speakers will cover four main themes: communication, political engagement, young people, art and design. Every day six videos will be proposed via the Internet, according to a preset time. Speakers include priests, university professors, seminarians, members of ecclesial movements and associations, journalists, professionals and communication experts, politicians, designers, photographers ... The lessons are free but will also be available for those who want to buy them: the proceeds will be used to help two organizations that deal with mothers at risk at a social level. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 18/07/2014)
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins