AMERICA/UNITED STATES - Forum on Migration: analysis of the reality and operational proposals are being studied
Washington (Agenzia Fides) - There are approximately 800 participants at the forum, which started yesterday, July 7, to share information and ideas on the phenomenon of migration in the United States. The 2014 National Migration Conference (NMC), which takes place in Renaissance Washington and will end on July 10, is organized by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), Catholic Legal Immigration Network, (CLINIC) and by Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA).
According to the note sent to Fides by a local source, the central objective is to share the Catholic social teaching on migration; national and international information on the life and dignity of migrants, human trafficking and vulnerable groups on the move.
A specific space will be used to investigate the role of diocesan and parish leaders in order to better carry out their service, celebrations and assistance to immigrants, refugees, victims of trafficking. Proposals, strategies, methods, materials and useful tips for activities at a local level will be illustrated.
The same group of U.S. Bishops who last April 1, went to the border between Arizona and Mexico to recall the more than six thousand deaths (see Fides 02/04/2014 ), went to Washington to demand the approval of an immigration reform which for many years has been the subject of discussions between Republicans and Democrats with no significant progress. (See Fides 30/05/201). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/07/2014)
- 2014-07-26 - "Looking for a lawyer to represent undocumented children"
- 2014-07-24 - The Bishop of Brownsville: "In the face of a humanitarian crisis, we need a humanitarian response"
- 2014-07-08 - Forum on Migration: analysis of the reality and operational proposals are being studied
- 2014-06-28 - Solidarity of Churches for the humanitarian emergency of immigrant children
- 2014-06-24 - Over 160 thousand immigrants in Texas, 37 thousand children are alone
- 2014-06-24 - Children and young immigrants in the U.S.A: "They are not seeking adventure, they are fleeing from a war"
- 2014-06-17 - Peace-building and formation of seminarians in Latin America among the 112projects funded by the U.S. Catholics
- 2014-06-13 - A priest killed and another seriously injured in Phoenix
- 2014-06-11 - The plight of child migrants from Central America and forced to repatriate
- 2014-06-10 - USCCB General Assembly - 2014 June