AMERICA/UNITED STATES - Over 160 thousand immigrants in Texas, 37 thousand children are alone
El Paso (Agenzia Fides) - According to data released by the spokesman of the Ministry of Public Security of Texas, of the Border Police and the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection, so far this year 2014 at least 160,000 unauthorized persons have been stopped in the valley of Rio Grande (Texas). This figure has already exceeded the number of 154 483 immigrants recorded throughout the previous year, according to government authorities of Texas. "More than half of these people come from countries other than Mexico and 37,000 children are alone or unaccompanied". Currently, authorities in Texas are spending $ 1.3 million every week for operations concerning the fight against crime, particularly against drug cartels that operate on the borderline. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/06/2014)
- 2014-09-22 - Waiting for the reform, migrant families continue to be divided
- 2014-09-11 - In few days 25 thousand Iraqi Chaldeans have registered in the lists to apply for a USA visa
- 2014-07-26 - "Looking for a lawyer to represent undocumented children"
- 2014-07-24 - The Bishop of Brownsville: "In the face of a humanitarian crisis, we need a humanitarian response"
- 2014-07-08 - Forum on Migration: analysis of the reality and operational proposals are being studied
- 2014-06-28 - Solidarity of Churches for the humanitarian emergency of immigrant children
- 2014-06-24 - Over 160 thousand immigrants in Texas, 37 thousand children are alone
- 2014-06-24 - Children and young immigrants in the U.S.A: "They are not seeking adventure, they are fleeing from a war"
- 2014-06-17 - Peace-building and formation of seminarians in Latin America among the 112projects funded by the U.S. Catholics
- 2014-06-13 - A priest killed and another seriously injured in Phoenix