AMERICA/UNITED STATES - Over 160 thousand immigrants in Texas, 37 thousand children are alone
El Paso (Agenzia Fides) - According to data released by the spokesman of the Ministry of Public Security of Texas, of the Border Police and the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection, so far this year 2014 at least 160,000 unauthorized persons have been stopped in the valley of Rio Grande (Texas). This figure has already exceeded the number of 154 483 immigrants recorded throughout the previous year, according to government authorities of Texas. "More than half of these people come from countries other than Mexico and 37,000 children are alone or unaccompanied". Currently, authorities in Texas are spending $ 1.3 million every week for operations concerning the fight against crime, particularly against drug cartels that operate on the borderline. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/06/2014)
- 2015-04-10 - New appeal to the President to finally solve the problems of immigrant families
- 2015-03-30 - Little Sisters of The Poor gather for last Mass in Cleveland
- 2015-03-30 - Submitted a bill to facilitate the immigration of Middle Eastern persecuted Christians
- 2015-03-28 - The denunciation of Bishops after the visit in Texas: "Why imprison the most vulnerable?"
- 2015-03-27 - Delegation of Bishops to visit a detention center for immigrant families
- 2015-03-27 - Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV has passed away
- 2015-03-20 - Bishops of the diocese on the border: enough with violence and more attention towards the youth
- 2015-02-06 - The young engaged with migrants write to the Pope
- 2015-01-07 - Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service
- 2015-01-05 - National Migration Week 2015: "We are one family"