AMERICA/CHILE - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "The joy and happiness of the people of Chile is the joy and hope of the Church. We are very pleased, and we thank God for this moment", said the spokesman of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Chile, Jaime Coiro, in a note sent to Fides released at the end of the football match in which Chile defeated Spain, allowing them to continue the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014. The Bishop of the diocese of Melipilla, His Exc. Mgr. Cristián Contreras Villarroel, described the match as "a historic evening".
Testimonies of this kind, and many others, can be read in the special section of the website of the Chilean Episcopal Conference on the World Cup. The web, prepared with a very impressive graphic, offers several Catholic aid in this regard: the prayer "for the World Cup", the video message on behalf of Pope Francis, the testimonies of the Chilean Bishops, documents on the Church and Sport and much more. The section is entitled: "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/06/2014)
- 2015-10-05 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas thanks for the clarification on the gas supply
- 2015-09-29 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas denounces: There is no transparency in the agreements for gas
- 2015-09-25 - Earthquake victims help other victims: the President of Caritas Chile in the affected areas
- 2015-08-06 - "Freedoms have limits", said Mgr. Chomalí
- 2015-08-03 - “Abortion is never therapeutic”: local Catholic Church attacks
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission
- 2015-05-16 - Two students die during the protests; the Church appeals for non-violence
- 2015-05-06 - Bishops' statement: "The right to truth, forgiveness is not impunity"