AFRICA/MOROCCO – Healthcare for women and children improves
Rabat (Agenzia Fides) – In Morocco in recent decades good progress has been made in the field of healthcare for women and children. Nevertheless the rate of mother-child mortality remains concerning, especially when taking into account that 93% of the deaths could be avoided and 73% takes place in healthcare centres. Moreover Morocco is the country in the region with the highest rates of incidence and mortality for cervical and uterine cancer, the second most frequent type of cancer in women. To improve assistance during and after childbirth is therefore a priority in order to combat the phenomenon. To this end, about two years ago, programmes were launched to improve both healthcare centres and formation for health workers. Some 369 persons, 70% women, received specialist training, in specific areas of healthcare: emergency care in obstetrics and in care of the new born, control of cervical cancer and intensive care for new born babies. The programme also introduced new technologies to serve for the formation of healthcare experts by means of an on-line platform and the distribution of 8 sessions of courses aimed at combatting cervical and uterine cancer in Morocco. (AP) (31/5/2014 Agenzia Fides)
AFRICA/MOROCCO – HEALTHCARE FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN IMPROVES
- 2015-07-08 - Migrants evicted welcomed in the Cathedral of Tangier
- 2015-06-19 - Child workers decrease, except in rural areas
- 2015-05-25 - Child marriage exacerbated by poverty and ignorance htnee s e steme t e
- 2014-12-19 - One hundred thousand children cannot attend school because of the floods
- 2014-05-31 - AFRICA/MOROCCO – Healthcare for women and children improves
- 2013-12-11 - "Barbed wire with blades to defend the Spanish enclaves, is an attack on the physical integrity of immigrants" says the Bishop of Tangier
- 2012-11-22 - Thousands of children workers suffer verbal and physical abuse, despite laws
- 2011-06-18 - The King presents the new Constitution and promises to guarantee "freedom of religious worship"
- 2011-05-18 - Morocco a possible partner of the Gulf Cooperation Council: towards the creation of a regional "monarchical" bloc ?
- 2011-03-28 - Bishops of Northern Africa: “No to war. We will make the Pope's appeal our own”