AMERICA/UNITED STATES - The "Jubilee USA Network" campaign for finance at the service of man
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - "We believe that the support of the Holy See and of the leaders of the Church throughout the world is crucial to put pressure on governments": This is what representatives of "Jubilee USA Network" said, in an interview with Fides Agency, in Rome for a few meetings at the Vatican, pointing out "the mechanism of injustice at the base of the debt crisis and the financial crisis, which severely affects developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America".
The executive Director of the network, Eric LeCompte, explained to Fides the main areas of interest in which the network, founded in the wake of the Jubilee in the year 2000, is engaged in: "Our efforts are aimed at building political support necessary to influence decisions worldwide, the G20, the international financial institutions and the United Nations, to promote the reduction of poverty and find solutions to the international debt crisis. We are committed to creating an international financial system that protects and guarantees the participation of the most vulnerable, in full respect of human rights". The network aims to establish an international mechanism to address and resolve the debt crisis abroad, through an approach that takes into account the real needs of the sustainability of the legitimate needs of the populations in the countries most exposed.
"Jubilee USA Network" brings together more than 75 organizations in the U.S. , 400 religious communities, especially Christians, and 50 partners around the world. The network promotes economy and finance at the service of man. Thanks to its efforts, Jubilee has got governments and international institutions to adopt some financial reforms and, as a concrete result has received debt reduction for poor countries for a total of over 130 billion dollars. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/05/2014)
- 2015-01-07 - Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service
- 2015-01-05 - National Migration Week 2015: "We are one family"
- 2014-12-18 - Bishops: not only diplomatic relations with Cuba, but also cooperation in various fields
- 2014-11-21 - The Church on the measures for immigrants: "We have a long history of welcoming..."
- 2014-11-20 - 2 and a half million children live in shelters, on the streets or in cars
- 2014-11-18 - Letter of the Bishops of Texas and Ciudad Juarez: "We invite the Pope to come and visit the border area"
- 2014-11-14 - New version of the Catechism of the Catholic Church online, in English and Spanish
- 2014-11-13 - Students attending Catholic schools increase
- 2014-10-24 - Millions of children and young people feel unsafe in their families
- 2014-09-22 - Waiting for the reform, migrant families continue to be divided