AMERICA/PERU - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
Huancayo (Agenzia Fides) - The prison in the city of La Oroya in the central Andes of Peru, has opened a ceramic workshop equipped with the machinery required for all stages of the production process. The inauguration ceremony was presided by the Archbishop of Huancayo, Archbishop Pedro Barreto Jimeno SJ, and was also attended by the authorities of the region and the city of Huancayo. The workshop was titled with the name of the Archbishop at the request of the prisoners themselves, and in doing so, they also wanted to show gratitude for the support to the initiative from the first ecclesiastical authority in the region. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/05/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking