AMERICA/PERU - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
Huancayo (Agenzia Fides) - The prison in the city of La Oroya in the central Andes of Peru, has opened a ceramic workshop equipped with the machinery required for all stages of the production process. The inauguration ceremony was presided by the Archbishop of Huancayo, Archbishop Pedro Barreto Jimeno SJ, and was also attended by the authorities of the region and the city of Huancayo. The workshop was titled with the name of the Archbishop at the request of the prisoners themselves, and in doing so, they also wanted to show gratitude for the support to the initiative from the first ecclesiastical authority in the region. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/05/2014)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth