AMERICA/PERU - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
Huancayo (Agenzia Fides) - The prison in the city of La Oroya in the central Andes of Peru, has opened a ceramic workshop equipped with the machinery required for all stages of the production process. The inauguration ceremony was presided by the Archbishop of Huancayo, Archbishop Pedro Barreto Jimeno SJ, and was also attended by the authorities of the region and the city of Huancayo. The workshop was titled with the name of the Archbishop at the request of the prisoners themselves, and in doing so, they also wanted to show gratitude for the support to the initiative from the first ecclesiastical authority in the region. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/05/2014)
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures