AMERICA/PERU - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
Huancayo (Agenzia Fides) - The prison in the city of La Oroya in the central Andes of Peru, has opened a ceramic workshop equipped with the machinery required for all stages of the production process. The inauguration ceremony was presided by the Archbishop of Huancayo, Archbishop Pedro Barreto Jimeno SJ, and was also attended by the authorities of the region and the city of Huancayo. The workshop was titled with the name of the Archbishop at the request of the prisoners themselves, and in doing so, they also wanted to show gratitude for the support to the initiative from the first ecclesiastical authority in the region. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/05/2014)
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers