AMERICA/MEXICO - Willingness to continue dialogue between the Government and the Church
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - While the Bishops of Mexico are in the Vatican for the Ad Limina Apostolorum visit, the Secretary General of the Mexican Episcopal Conference (CEM ) informs Fides of having received, on May 12, a document of the President of the Mexican Republic, Enrique Peña Nieto. In the text, the President responds to Bishops’ requests and reflections regarding some important issues of the national situation, illustrated in the encounter which took place on May 2, 2014 (see Fides 30/04/2014).
The Bishops’ statement thanks the President for the meeting and the answers given, acknowledges his openness to dialogue and informs that the Bishops will read the answers very carefully as soon as the meeting with Pope Francis and Vatican Dicasteries in Rome end. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/05/2014)
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
- 2014-07-03 - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
- 2014-07-02 - Immigrant children: now even more controls on the southern border of Mexico
- 2014-07-01 - Despite the distrust of the population, the police fight against crime