AMERICA/MEXICO - Willingness to continue dialogue between the Government and the Church
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - While the Bishops of Mexico are in the Vatican for the Ad Limina Apostolorum visit, the Secretary General of the Mexican Episcopal Conference (CEM ) informs Fides of having received, on May 12, a document of the President of the Mexican Republic, Enrique Peña Nieto. In the text, the President responds to Bishops’ requests and reflections regarding some important issues of the national situation, illustrated in the encounter which took place on May 2, 2014 (see Fides 30/04/2014).
The Bishops’ statement thanks the President for the meeting and the answers given, acknowledges his openness to dialogue and informs that the Bishops will read the answers very carefully as soon as the meeting with Pope Francis and Vatican Dicasteries in Rome end. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/05/2014)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft