AMERICA/MEXICO - Willingness to continue dialogue between the Government and the Church
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - While the Bishops of Mexico are in the Vatican for the Ad Limina Apostolorum visit, the Secretary General of the Mexican Episcopal Conference (CEM ) informs Fides of having received, on May 12, a document of the President of the Mexican Republic, Enrique Peña Nieto. In the text, the President responds to Bishops’ requests and reflections regarding some important issues of the national situation, illustrated in the encounter which took place on May 2, 2014 (see Fides 30/04/2014).
The Bishops’ statement thanks the President for the meeting and the answers given, acknowledges his openness to dialogue and informs that the Bishops will read the answers very carefully as soon as the meeting with Pope Francis and Vatican Dicasteries in Rome end. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/05/2014)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace