AMERICA/MEXICO - Willingness to continue dialogue between the Government and the Church
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - While the Bishops of Mexico are in the Vatican for the Ad Limina Apostolorum visit, the Secretary General of the Mexican Episcopal Conference (CEM ) informs Fides of having received, on May 12, a document of the President of the Mexican Republic, Enrique Peña Nieto. In the text, the President responds to Bishops’ requests and reflections regarding some important issues of the national situation, illustrated in the encounter which took place on May 2, 2014 (see Fides 30/04/2014).
The Bishops’ statement thanks the President for the meeting and the answers given, acknowledges his openness to dialogue and informs that the Bishops will read the answers very carefully as soon as the meeting with Pope Francis and Vatican Dicasteries in Rome end. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/05/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"