AMERICA/BRAZIL - First American Congress: "Adolescence and Childhood at the service of the Mission"
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - Brazil prepares itself to host the First Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM) Congress. With the theme: "IAM of America at the service of the Mission" and the slogan: "You are my friends" (Jn 15:14), the event will be held from May 23 to 25 in Aparecida (SP) and aims to bring together about 700 leaders and coordinators of IAM across America. Brazil participates with 500 members.
According to the data sent to Fides by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil, that promotes the event, of the 180 million Latin Americans under 14 years of age, about 70 million live in poverty and nearly 30 million in extreme poverty. According to data of the ILO (International Labour Organization), 168 million children manage to live because they work. Of these, 120 million work full-time and 70 million are exposed to hazardous work or considered dangerous. 72.6% of children are deprived of their rights, it is impossible for them to go to school or to health care centers. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/05/2014)
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform