AMERICA/BRAZIL - First American Congress: "Adolescence and Childhood at the service of the Mission"
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - Brazil prepares itself to host the First Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM) Congress. With the theme: "IAM of America at the service of the Mission" and the slogan: "You are my friends" (Jn 15:14), the event will be held from May 23 to 25 in Aparecida (SP) and aims to bring together about 700 leaders and coordinators of IAM across America. Brazil participates with 500 members.
According to the data sent to Fides by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil, that promotes the event, of the 180 million Latin Americans under 14 years of age, about 70 million live in poverty and nearly 30 million in extreme poverty. According to data of the ILO (International Labour Organization), 168 million children manage to live because they work. Of these, 120 million work full-time and 70 million are exposed to hazardous work or considered dangerous. 72.6% of children are deprived of their rights, it is impossible for them to go to school or to health care centers. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/05/2014)
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"