AMERICA/BRAZIL - First American Congress: "Adolescence and Childhood at the service of the Mission"
Aparecida (Agenzia Fides) - Brazil prepares itself to host the First Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (IAM) Congress. With the theme: "IAM of America at the service of the Mission" and the slogan: "You are my friends" (Jn 15:14), the event will be held from May 23 to 25 in Aparecida (SP) and aims to bring together about 700 leaders and coordinators of IAM across America. Brazil participates with 500 members.
According to the data sent to Fides by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brazil, that promotes the event, of the 180 million Latin Americans under 14 years of age, about 70 million live in poverty and nearly 30 million in extreme poverty. According to data of the ILO (International Labour Organization), 168 million children manage to live because they work. Of these, 120 million work full-time and 70 million are exposed to hazardous work or considered dangerous. 72.6% of children are deprived of their rights, it is impossible for them to go to school or to health care centers. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/05/2014)
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Franciscan Sister murdered
- 2015-07-23 - Mission Campaign 2015: material ready
- 2015-07-21 - The water crisis threatens millions of people
- 2015-07-20 - A video documents the first missionary experience of young people in the Amazon
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future