AMERICA/UNITED STATES - 800 women and 18 000 children under five years of age die from preventable causes worldwide every day
Washington (Agenzia Fides) - About 800 mothers and 18 000 children under five years of age die from preventable causes Worldwide every day . This is what is stated in the report "State of the World’s Mothers" just published by the NGO Save the Children. The majority of infant deaths is increasingly concentrated in the most vulnerable and marginalized area of the world, many of whom are involved in armed conflict. The study indicates that more than 250 million children under 5 years of age live in Countries affected by armed conflict, and 95% are victims of natural disasters recorded in Countries in the developing world. Globally, women and children are at a 14 times higher risk than men to die from a disaster, and for each person who dies in the violence in armed conflict, between 3 and 15 die indirectly for disease, health complications and malnutrition. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2014)
- 2015-01-07 - Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service
- 2015-01-05 - National Migration Week 2015: "We are one family"
- 2014-12-18 - Bishops: not only diplomatic relations with Cuba, but also cooperation in various fields
- 2014-11-21 - The Church on the measures for immigrants: "We have a long history of welcoming..."
- 2014-11-20 - 2 and a half million children live in shelters, on the streets or in cars
- 2014-11-18 - Letter of the Bishops of Texas and Ciudad Juarez: "We invite the Pope to come and visit the border area"
- 2014-11-14 - New version of the Catechism of the Catholic Church online, in English and Spanish
- 2014-11-13 - Students attending Catholic schools increase
- 2014-10-24 - Millions of children and young people feel unsafe in their families
- 2014-09-22 - Waiting for the reform, migrant families continue to be divided