AMERICA/UNITED STATES - 800 women and 18 000 children under five years of age die from preventable causes worldwide every day
Washington (Agenzia Fides) - About 800 mothers and 18 000 children under five years of age die from preventable causes Worldwide every day . This is what is stated in the report "State of the World’s Mothers" just published by the NGO Save the Children. The majority of infant deaths is increasingly concentrated in the most vulnerable and marginalized area of the world, many of whom are involved in armed conflict. The study indicates that more than 250 million children under 5 years of age live in Countries affected by armed conflict, and 95% are victims of natural disasters recorded in Countries in the developing world. Globally, women and children are at a 14 times higher risk than men to die from a disaster, and for each person who dies in the violence in armed conflict, between 3 and 15 die indirectly for disease, health complications and malnutrition. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2014)
- 2014-07-26 - "Looking for a lawyer to represent undocumented children"
- 2014-07-24 - The Bishop of Brownsville: "In the face of a humanitarian crisis, we need a humanitarian response"
- 2014-07-08 - Forum on Migration: analysis of the reality and operational proposals are being studied
- 2014-06-28 - Solidarity of Churches for the humanitarian emergency of immigrant children
- 2014-06-24 - Over 160 thousand immigrants in Texas, 37 thousand children are alone
- 2014-06-24 - Children and young immigrants in the U.S.A: "They are not seeking adventure, they are fleeing from a war"
- 2014-06-17 - Peace-building and formation of seminarians in Latin America among the 112projects funded by the U.S. Catholics
- 2014-06-13 - A priest killed and another seriously injured in Phoenix
- 2014-06-11 - The plight of child migrants from Central America and forced to repatriate
- 2014-06-10 - USCCB General Assembly - 2014 June