AMERICA/UNITED STATES - 800 women and 18 000 children under five years of age die from preventable causes worldwide every day
Washington (Agenzia Fides) - About 800 mothers and 18 000 children under five years of age die from preventable causes Worldwide every day . This is what is stated in the report "State of the World’s Mothers" just published by the NGO Save the Children. The majority of infant deaths is increasingly concentrated in the most vulnerable and marginalized area of the world, many of whom are involved in armed conflict. The study indicates that more than 250 million children under 5 years of age live in Countries affected by armed conflict, and 95% are victims of natural disasters recorded in Countries in the developing world. Globally, women and children are at a 14 times higher risk than men to die from a disaster, and for each person who dies in the violence in armed conflict, between 3 and 15 die indirectly for disease, health complications and malnutrition. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 08/05/2014)
- 2015-04-10 - New appeal to the President to finally solve the problems of immigrant families
- 2015-03-30 - Little Sisters of The Poor gather for last Mass in Cleveland
- 2015-03-30 - Submitted a bill to facilitate the immigration of Middle Eastern persecuted Christians
- 2015-03-28 - The denunciation of Bishops after the visit in Texas: "Why imprison the most vulnerable?"
- 2015-03-27 - Delegation of Bishops to visit a detention center for immigrant families
- 2015-03-27 - Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV has passed away
- 2015-03-20 - Bishops of the diocese on the border: enough with violence and more attention towards the youth
- 2015-02-06 - The young engaged with migrants write to the Pope
- 2015-01-07 - Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service
- 2015-01-05 - National Migration Week 2015: "We are one family"