ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Protecting the rights and education of poor rural people
Mindanao (Agenzia Fides) - During the recent disasters that have occurred in the Philippines, the Camillian Task Force (CTF) have relied on the collaboration of the Missionary/Rural Associations of the Philippines (RMP), founded by the Association of major Superiors of the women's Congregations in the Philippines in 1969, in order to carry out its activities to support the affected population. This is a national, inter-diocesan and inter-congregational organization of men and women religious, priests and lay people who live and work with farmers. The RMP is committed to supporting farmers in their struggle for justice, freedom and land reform. The members of the Association live and work with the farmers, on their side for a genuine agrarian reform, through the organization and support of associations of farmers, fishermen and indigenous peoples. The RMP - Northern Mindanao Region (RMP - NMR) was formally registered in 2009 as an autonomous organization, although active since October 2006. The aim is to have a free, just and peaceful society where everyone has the same rights even with different cultural traditions and religious beliefs. It deals with programs of support for the organization of the impoverished rural masses such as education and training, support services to communities through organized programs of household, literacy and accounting, medical and legal assistance, scholarships and aid in cases of emergencies/disasters. In addition, it carries out the activity of apostolate for the poor rural women and offers psychosocial support to children affected by war. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 28/04/2014)
- 2014-07-30 - The entire Catholic population celebrates the 100 millionth baby born in the Country
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao
- 2014-07-07 - For the poor and against injustice: the testimony of Father Romano, who was kidnapped 29 years ago, is always present
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops: No to the restoration of the death penalty
- 2014-06-05 - "Peace is living together": international conference for reconciliation in Mindanao
- 2014-04-28 - Protecting the rights and education of poor rural people
- 2014-04-08 - The Bishops: "We respect the Supreme Court, we defend life with the right to conscientious objection"
- 2014-04-08 - The Supreme Court: Reproductive Health law is valid, but yes to conscientious objection
- 2014-03-28 - The missionaries: "May the agreement with the rebels of the South bring peace, justice and development"
- 2014-03-25 - Over 7.7 million dollars for aid to victims of the typhoon: The Church guarantees transparency