EUROPE/ITALY - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - Tuberculosis is an old disease, which unfortunately is still very present: 8 million new cases each year. What worries most is the multidrug-resistant (MDR-TB) form of the disease. The current treatments are long, toxic, and have very high costs. Patients have to take up to twenty pills a day and, for the first eight months, have to endure a painful daily injection.
The humanitarian NGO Doctors Without Borders has launched, even in Italy, the petition "Heal me, save me" to ask for urgent changes and to improve the diagnosis and treatment of MDR-TB.
The objective is to collect as many accessions as possible by May 2014, when DWB will deliver the petition to all the delegates of the General Assembly of the World Health Organization. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2014)
- 2014-09-08 - Middle East education emergency: school year at risk for millions of students
- 2014-07-16 - Twelve hours of continuous prayer for peace in the Holy Land
- 2014-07-11 - Bicycles to reach blind children in remote areas of Africa
- 2014-06-28 - A "social audio book" in defense of the Africans with albinism, the last of the last
- 2014-05-23 - EUROPE/ITALY – Beatification of Mario Vergara, PIME martyr and Isidoro Ngei Ko Lat, first Burmese Blessed
- 2014-04-24 - Four young people at the service of the last will talk about their experience on the web
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"