EUROPE/ITALY - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - Tuberculosis is an old disease, which unfortunately is still very present: 8 million new cases each year. What worries most is the multidrug-resistant (MDR-TB) form of the disease. The current treatments are long, toxic, and have very high costs. Patients have to take up to twenty pills a day and, for the first eight months, have to endure a painful daily injection.
The humanitarian NGO Doctors Without Borders has launched, even in Italy, the petition "Heal me, save me" to ask for urgent changes and to improve the diagnosis and treatment of MDR-TB.
The objective is to collect as many accessions as possible by May 2014, when DWB will deliver the petition to all the delegates of the General Assembly of the World Health Organization. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 27/03/2014)
- 2015-05-19 - Do not allow habit and indifference to take place in the face of the ongoing persecution of Christians worldwide
- 2015-04-13 - 150 years after the delivery of the image of Our Lady of Perpetual Help to the Redemptorists
- 2015-03-24 - Permanent Council of Cei: moment of prayer for martyrs, missionaries and lay people
- 2015-03-23 - Day of Missionary Martyrs: 1,062 missionaries killed in the world from 1980 to 2014
- 2015-03-16 - Cardinal Filoni: Africa needs encouragement and solidarity, not migration, or the purchase of weapons and looting
- 2015-01-23 - Scalabrini Missionaries open a community in Syracuse to welcome migrants
- 2014-12-10 - EUROPE/ITALY – NGO together for the rights of people with disabilities
- 2014-11-19 - National Missionary Conference: to rekindle the fire of the mission ad gentes
- 2014-11-10 - The number of Nigerian women destined for sexual slavery has tripled
- 2014-10-27 - EUROPE/ITALY – The "challenge of charity" for many "outlawed poor people" of our times