AMERICA/MEXICO - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - "To assess the participation of the last American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 - COMLA 9), take into account the conclusions of the 22 forums held during the Congress, reflect and propose courses of action in order to continue the process which began during the Congress, in the light of the Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, to meet the challenges of the mission Ad gentes in a multicultural and secular world": are the goals proposed during the X Assembly of national Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in America, which is being held from March 10 to 14 at the headquarters of the PMS Mexico (OMPE).
According to the note sent to Fides by the PMS of Mexico, 18 national Directors from the entire continent are attending the assembly. Yesterday, March 13th, the meeting with the Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Archbishop Christophe Pierre was held, who presented a reflection in a missionary prespective on the first anniversary of Pope Francis’ pontificate. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2014)
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase