AMERICA/MEXICO - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - "To assess the participation of the last American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 - COMLA 9), take into account the conclusions of the 22 forums held during the Congress, reflect and propose courses of action in order to continue the process which began during the Congress, in the light of the Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, to meet the challenges of the mission Ad gentes in a multicultural and secular world": are the goals proposed during the X Assembly of national Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in America, which is being held from March 10 to 14 at the headquarters of the PMS Mexico (OMPE).
According to the note sent to Fides by the PMS of Mexico, 18 national Directors from the entire continent are attending the assembly. Yesterday, March 13th, the meeting with the Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Archbishop Christophe Pierre was held, who presented a reflection in a missionary prespective on the first anniversary of Pope Francis’ pontificate. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2014)
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations