AMERICA/MEXICO - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - "To assess the participation of the last American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 - COMLA 9), take into account the conclusions of the 22 forums held during the Congress, reflect and propose courses of action in order to continue the process which began during the Congress, in the light of the Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, to meet the challenges of the mission Ad gentes in a multicultural and secular world": are the goals proposed during the X Assembly of national Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in America, which is being held from March 10 to 14 at the headquarters of the PMS Mexico (OMPE).
According to the note sent to Fides by the PMS of Mexico, 18 national Directors from the entire continent are attending the assembly. Yesterday, March 13th, the meeting with the Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Archbishop Christophe Pierre was held, who presented a reflection in a missionary prespective on the first anniversary of Pope Francis’ pontificate. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2014)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration