AMERICA/MEXICO - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - "To assess the participation of the last American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 - COMLA 9), take into account the conclusions of the 22 forums held during the Congress, reflect and propose courses of action in order to continue the process which began during the Congress, in the light of the Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, to meet the challenges of the mission Ad gentes in a multicultural and secular world": are the goals proposed during the X Assembly of national Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in America, which is being held from March 10 to 14 at the headquarters of the PMS Mexico (OMPE).
According to the note sent to Fides by the PMS of Mexico, 18 national Directors from the entire continent are attending the assembly. Yesterday, March 13th, the meeting with the Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Archbishop Christophe Pierre was held, who presented a reflection in a missionary prespective on the first anniversary of Pope Francis’ pontificate. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2014)
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"