AMERICA/MEXICO - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - "To assess the participation of the last American Missionary Congress (CAM 4 - COMLA 9), take into account the conclusions of the 22 forums held during the Congress, reflect and propose courses of action in order to continue the process which began during the Congress, in the light of the Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, to meet the challenges of the mission Ad gentes in a multicultural and secular world": are the goals proposed during the X Assembly of national Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in America, which is being held from March 10 to 14 at the headquarters of the PMS Mexico (OMPE).
According to the note sent to Fides by the PMS of Mexico, 18 national Directors from the entire continent are attending the assembly. Yesterday, March 13th, the meeting with the Apostolic Nuncio in Mexico, His Exc. Archbishop Christophe Pierre was held, who presented a reflection in a missionary prespective on the first anniversary of Pope Francis’ pontificate. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/03/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"