ASIA/INDIA - "A just peace! "Church's solidarity with the people of Syria
New Delhi (Agenzia Fides) - "Three years of conflict in Syria have literally devastated and destroyed your life and your dreams. More than 100,000 lives have been lost, thousands of maimed and wounded are dying of hunger, millions of people have had to flee the country. Our heart goes out to you, to the entire civilian population, in particular women, children and the elderly who are the most vulnerable victims of violence. In the midst of this blind violence, your hearts are yearning for peace and hope. We want to show you our solidarity and we pray sincerely": reads the heartfelt appeal by the "Justice, peace and development" Commission in the Catholic Bishops' Conference of India, and sent to Fides Agency. The text, signed by Fr. Charles Irudayam recalls Pope Francis’ exhortation of peace, during a prayer vigil for peace in Syria, on September 7, 2013. The Indian Church urges to "replace the language of death, which is violence, "with the language of love and life", which is spoken by Jesus Christ, the conqueror of sin and death. "His resurrection confirms our hope that life will triumph over death, peace and war", notes the appeal sent to Fides. Calling for "a just peace for Syria", the text concludes: "May all those who are responsible for the current situation, make choices of peace! May God, the author and the source of true peace, guide the hearts of leaders because the time has come to renounce violence and give peace a chance". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 12/03/2014)
- 2014-10-22 - Appeal for minorities is shared in civil society
- 2014-10-21 - The Franciscans prepare the Year for consecrated life
- 2014-10-15 - A center of excellence for technical formation regarding disadvantaged young people
- 2014-10-14 - The Franciscan Indians in the front line against violence on women
- 2014-10-10 - Christians to the government: "We are not terrorists"
- 2014-10-10 - Bosco Tea Project for more than 700 tea laborers
- 2014-10-09 - The Jesuits denounce: "600 attacks against religious minorities: stop to violence"
- 2014-10-06 - The marriage between a Christian and a Hindu annulled due to extremist group protest
- 2014-10-02 - Exposition of the relics of St. Francis Xavier
- 2014-10-01 - Closure of the professorship named after Mother Teresa