ASIA/LEBANON-Maronite Church: to encourage organ donation
Beirut (Agenzia Fides) - The Maronite Church is in favor of organ donation and called on the Lebanese medical staff to encourage the spread of this practice, calling at the same time to monitor abuses that may compromise its ethical value. This is what the Maronite Bishop Maroun Amar said during a conference held on Monday, March 10, organized by the Higher Institute for Religious Sciences at St. Joseph's University and the National Committee for Organ Donation and Transplantation, to discuss the ethics and practice of organ donation, as well as religious restrictions. Bishop Amar attended the Conference as representative of Patriarch Bechara Boutros Rai. According to the Lebanese press, father Edgard al-Haiby, the head of the Institute, said the conference was the first of several forthcoming events that will deal with organ donation in light of the teachings of the Catholic Church, other Churches and Islam. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 11/03/2014)
- 2014-12-19 - Appeal of the Chaldean Bishop of Beirut for displaced Iraqi Christians
- 2014-12-11 - The Syro-Catholic Bishops: let us apply the principles of the "Declaration of al-Azhar"
- 2014-12-10 - Patriarch Ignace Yussif III at the Synod of the Syro- Catholic Church: let us help to grasp the "signs of the times"
- 2014-12-04 - Maronite Bishops: they are turning the country into an oligarchy, at the expense of the Constitution, the people and the institutions
- 2014-11-26 - For Patriarch Rai dialogue between Hezbollah and Sunni of the "Future" Movement would take Lebanon out of its crisis
- 2014-11-13 - The Maronite League: no foreign Country can decide on the future of Lebanon
- 2014-11-13 - Syrian Orthodox Church: international protection for Christians in the Nineveh Plain is needed
- 2014-11-10 - Patriarch Rai accuses the Lebanese politicians: "You have betrayed the Constitution"
- 2014-11-03 - Patriarch Rai: immediately elect a Christian President to save the Lebanese "model"
- 2014-10-01 - The President of Caritas Lebanon: hostility toward the Syrian refugees increases