AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church concerned about the influenza that kills
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - A delegation of Mexican Bishops, gathered at the headquarters of the Episcopal Conference, contacted the Ministry of Health in order to assess whether churches have to take appropriate measures to prevent the spread of influenza type AH1N1 that is spreading in the country. According to official data of the Mexican Ministry of Health, since January 1, 3028 cases have been registered, of which 2,572 confirmed as AH1N1, and 316 deaths. This virus season, according to the report, causes the most severe cases in adults between 35 and 55 years of age, particularly in the chronically ill and obese .
The note sent to Fides refers to the possibility of applying the rules already adopted in the diocese during the first outbreak of influenza AH1N1 in 2009 (see Fides 27/04/2009; 04/05/2009; 08/05/2009).
The Secretary-General of the Mexican Episcopal Conference (CEM ), the Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Lira, has been designated as one of the leaders in charge of maintaining contact with federal authorities in this regard, and to be informed about specific measures taken by each Bishop in his own religious jurisdiction. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/02/2014)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace