AMERICA/MEXICO - Social networks, a reality in the Church
Puebla (Agenzia Fides) - More than 200 priests, seminarians, religious and lay people gathered at the Palafox Seminary, where the fifth Diocesan Synod of the Archdiocese of Puebla took place and has just ended. It was an opportunity to study how to use social networks, digital media and the Internet in order to spread the values of the Catholic Church.
"In light of the word of God and the teaching of the Magisterium, we have to see how we can carry out a better service to the people of God in the work of evangelization", said Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Andrés Lira Rugarcía, according to information sent to Fides Agency.
"It is very important to know that the Church uses the media, the internet, social networking. We have the web page of the Archdiocese of Puebla on the Internet, we are also on TV through YouTube, we have social networks. As Pope Francis says, the media are God's gifts, are opportunities to get closer and meet each other: it is a reality that the Church is using, but we must do better. An example is given by the possibility to follow in an increasingly fast way, world events and activities concerning the Holy Father".
In this regard, yesterday the Holy Father’s picture appeared on the front cover of Rolling Stone magazine (which will be on sale from 13 February), and also yesterday, the Pontifical Council for Social Communications published the photo of a graffiti with the Pope described as a "Super hero": two images which, in few seconds, traveled the world via social networks and internet media. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/01/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"