AMERICA/MEXICO - Social networks, a reality in the Church
Puebla (Agenzia Fides) - More than 200 priests, seminarians, religious and lay people gathered at the Palafox Seminary, where the fifth Diocesan Synod of the Archdiocese of Puebla took place and has just ended. It was an opportunity to study how to use social networks, digital media and the Internet in order to spread the values of the Catholic Church.
"In light of the word of God and the teaching of the Magisterium, we have to see how we can carry out a better service to the people of God in the work of evangelization", said Auxiliary Bishop of Puebla, His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Andrés Lira Rugarcía, according to information sent to Fides Agency.
"It is very important to know that the Church uses the media, the internet, social networking. We have the web page of the Archdiocese of Puebla on the Internet, we are also on TV through YouTube, we have social networks. As Pope Francis says, the media are God's gifts, are opportunities to get closer and meet each other: it is a reality that the Church is using, but we must do better. An example is given by the possibility to follow in an increasingly fast way, world events and activities concerning the Holy Father".
In this regard, yesterday the Holy Father’s picture appeared on the front cover of Rolling Stone magazine (which will be on sale from 13 February), and also yesterday, the Pontifical Council for Social Communications published the photo of a graffiti with the Pope described as a "Super hero": two images which, in few seconds, traveled the world via social networks and internet media. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/01/2014)
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend