ASIA/PAKISTAN - Unity for an "effective evangelization": reflection of Church leaders
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - If Christians want to offer and carry out effective evangelization, the assumption is unity among them: is what emerged from a seminar held in Lahore which brought together priests, Pastors, catechists and seminarians from different Christian denominations present in Pakistan. As reported to Fides, the seminar, which was inspired by the recent conclusion of the Week for Christian Unity, put the issue to leaders and heads of Churches inviting them to make "an effort of unity, spirit, and also in organization, for effective evangelization". The participants stressed the "beauty of diversity": "Having a different thought is not negative. The beauty lies not in uniformity, but in plurality", said Fr. Moris Jalal OFM Cap, in his report. According to the priest, "our people go to other places of worship, because we are not able to satisfy their thirst for the Word of God".
Dr. Issac Emmanuel Bhatti, director of the "United Christian Hospital", talked about his valuable experience. Fr. Inayat Bernard stressed the progress made on the path of unity since 2012, with the launch of several programs and initiatives among the churches. At the conclusion of the meeting, Manu Romal Shah, Bishop Emeritus of Peshawar, of the Anglican Church, launched a message of hope and a wish: "Pakistani Christians are committed to spreading the Word of God expressing it through words and actions". (IB -PA) (Agenzia Fides 28/01/2014)
- 2015-05-28 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Children do not go to school in order to beg in the street
- 2015-05-28 - "The Church's mission continues despite terrorism", says the Director of the PMS
- 2015-05-27 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Changes to the blasphemy law: the government's bill, Christians approve
- 2015-05-26 - Christian lawyers: "The blasphemy law has to be abolished"
- 2015-05-25 - Accusation of blasphemy: violence in a Christian area in Lahore, but "no alarmism"
- 2015-05-22 - 106 indicted for the murder of two Christians burned alive: "A step towards justice"
- 2015-05-21 - Punjab moves to protect women victims of violence
- 2015-05-19 - "A warning to Pakistan", reaction to the murder for blasphemy in Afghanistan
- 2015-05-18 - Rosary and biblical apostolate in Faisalabad
- 2015-05-15 - Attack against the Ismaili community: the condemnation of Bishops