AMERICA/MEXICO - Street children victims of drug abuse
Tapachula (Agenzia Fides) - In Chiapas street children between 7 and 14 years of age, who take drugs inhaling cement or glue, easy to get and cheap, have been identified. The most used drug is marijuana, as well as drugs made from chemical solvents, which are the most harmful. According to a statement by the President of the local Youth Guidance Centre, in juvenile prisons, missions that involve talks on prevention have been organized for 32 young people. A project of a school of arts and crafts in Tapachula for children and street children, who leave prison for training and reintegration into society, has been launched. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"