AMERICA/MEXICO - Street children victims of drug abuse
Tapachula (Agenzia Fides) - In Chiapas street children between 7 and 14 years of age, who take drugs inhaling cement or glue, easy to get and cheap, have been identified. The most used drug is marijuana, as well as drugs made from chemical solvents, which are the most harmful. According to a statement by the President of the local Youth Guidance Centre, in juvenile prisons, missions that involve talks on prevention have been organized for 32 young people. A project of a school of arts and crafts in Tapachula for children and street children, who leave prison for training and reintegration into society, has been launched. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus