AMERICA/MEXICO - Street children victims of drug abuse
Tapachula (Agenzia Fides) - In Chiapas street children between 7 and 14 years of age, who take drugs inhaling cement or glue, easy to get and cheap, have been identified. The most used drug is marijuana, as well as drugs made from chemical solvents, which are the most harmful. According to a statement by the President of the local Youth Guidance Centre, in juvenile prisons, missions that involve talks on prevention have been organized for 32 young people. A project of a school of arts and crafts in Tapachula for children and street children, who leave prison for training and reintegration into society, has been launched. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement