AMERICA/MEXICO - Street children victims of drug abuse
Tapachula (Agenzia Fides) - In Chiapas street children between 7 and 14 years of age, who take drugs inhaling cement or glue, easy to get and cheap, have been identified. The most used drug is marijuana, as well as drugs made from chemical solvents, which are the most harmful. According to a statement by the President of the local Youth Guidance Centre, in juvenile prisons, missions that involve talks on prevention have been organized for 32 young people. A project of a school of arts and crafts in Tapachula for children and street children, who leave prison for training and reintegration into society, has been launched. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"