AMERICA/MEXICO - Street children victims of drug abuse
Tapachula (Agenzia Fides) - In Chiapas street children between 7 and 14 years of age, who take drugs inhaling cement or glue, easy to get and cheap, have been identified. The most used drug is marijuana, as well as drugs made from chemical solvents, which are the most harmful. According to a statement by the President of the local Youth Guidance Centre, in juvenile prisons, missions that involve talks on prevention have been organized for 32 young people. A project of a school of arts and crafts in Tapachula for children and street children, who leave prison for training and reintegration into society, has been launched. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"