ASIA/LEBANON - The Missionary Childhood children in Lebanon help Syrian refugee children
Beirut ( Agenzia Fides) - Missionary Childhood (IM) Day will be celebrated on Sunday, January 26th, which has always had the motto "Children help children". Among the various initiatives, the young children of IM in Lebanon have organized themselves to help refugee children. The Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies, Fr. Paul Karam, and the secretary of the IM of the country, Nada Hajjar, declared that the aid will consist of clothing, fundraising, visits to refugee families.
In Lebanon, the IM supports about 15 000 children who, in 2013, raised more than $ 15,800 in addition to donations destined to Sudan, Iraq and Madagascar. Fr. Karam reported the presence in Lebanon of a half million Syrian refugees, almost all Muslims. This massive presence leads to further difficulties in the small Country which is not capable of sustaining many immigrants. Many arrive without a visa and even education is a problem. "The Church has the duty to awaken the conscience of the international community in order to promote a path of peace and take responsibility towards refugees", added Fr. Karam. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 10/01/2014)
- 2014-08-20 - Maronite Patriarch Rai: united also with Hezbolllah to block the road to the infiltration of the ISIL
- 2014-07-28 - Patriarch Rai: The new President should not be linked to the two "blocks"
- 2014-07-10 - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
- 2014-07-07 - Patriarch Rai: the existence of Lebanon at risk
- 2014-06-20 - The Maronite Bishops: who boycots Parliament sessions to elect a new president places the Country at risk
- 2014-06-12 - The annual Synod of the Maronite Church has begun. Patriarch Rai: let us pray so that a new President is elected
- 2014-06-03 - Orthodox Patriarch Yohanna X announces the Conference of the Church of Antioch
- 2014-05-14 - Grand Mufti Qabbani proposes a new "pact" between Muslims and Christians in the Middle East
- 2014-05-12 - Patriarch Rai on the presidential elections: a power vacuum would erase the role of Christians
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"