ASIA/INDIA - St. Teresa of Avila speaks to Asia
Bangalore (Agenzia Fides) - The Carmel of the future is called to offer tools that correspond to the thirst for God that is present today in Asia. Carmelite spirituality has immense possibilities to respond to this thirst for God, and to lead people in his relationship with God: this is what emerged from the conclusions of the Asian Congress entitled "Saint Teresa speaks to Asia", organized by the Carmelites in India in preparation for the fifth centenary of the birth of St. Teresa of Avila, reformer of the Carmelite Order. As Fides learns, the Congress, held in Bangalore from 28th November to 1st December, was attended by Msg. Albert D'Souza, Archbishop of Agra and Secretary General of the Episcopal Conference, Mgr. Bernard Moras, Archbishop of Bangalore, together with the other Bishops of Karnataka and the Superiors General of the various congregations existing in India. Over 500 Carmelite delegates from all over India and abroad were present.
The Congress revived the character, spirituality and doctrine of the Saint, without forgetting the cultural programs on Saint Tersea, like a film on her story.
All the communities of apostolic and contemplative life, religious and lay Carmelites - was stated at the conclusion of the work - should engage in the task of "living an evangelical and profound spiritual experience".
In the vast Asian continent, the Carmelites are called "to engage in an open dialogue with the great non-Christian religions, especially in the field of spirituality". To achieve this goal – conclude the Indian Carmelites - we must seek new forms of prayer. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 05/12/2013)
- 2015-07-02 - Stop violence against women
- 2015-07-01 - A radio station to help farmers in Bundelkhand
- 2015-06-27 - Anti-Christian Violence in Kerala
- 2015-06-12 - The Director of the PMS: "Farmers and religious minorities abandoned by the Indian government"
- 2015-06-02 - Suicides of farmers, a scourge of society
- 2015-06-01 - The Salesians start a center for renewable energy in the Northeast
- 2015-05-29 - Street dentists for the poor: a widespread service
- 2015-05-20 - The Indian Bishops: "We would be happy for the canonization of Mother Teresa"
- 2015-05-16 - Five attacks in five days against the Christians in Madhya Pradesh
- 2015-05-06 - 35 per cent children in India have poor lung capacity