ASIA/LEBANON - Abouna.org awarded as best Arab Christian website
Beirut (Agenzia Fides) - The Catholic website www.abouna.org, directed by Father Rifat Bader – a Jordanian priest of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem - was voted best Arab Christian website in the competition organized by the Arab Christian Media Festival, an annual event organized by the World Federation of Catholic journalism in Lebanon.
Fr. Bader, director of the Catholic Center for Studies and Media, dedicated the award received in Beirut also to "two dear old friends of the website, which at the time were the first readers and editors" the two bishops of Aleppo Boulos al-Yazigi and Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim, abducted last April. Fr. Bader hopes he will soon be able to give the news of their release on his website "and for an end to violence in their Homeland, Syria". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"
- 2014-04-10 - The president of Caritas Lebanon: the international community has to open refugee camps in Syria
- 2014-03-26 - Patriarch Rai intervenes on the election of the new President
- 2014-03-18 - Patriarch Rai at the Mass for Caritas: the war of attrition in the Country must stop
- 2014-03-11 - Maronite Church: to encourage organ donation
- 2014-02-15 - The reduction of lands belonging to Christians continues
- 2014-02-10 - Feast of St. Maron, the Lebanese reflect on the "Bkerké Charter"
- 2014-02-05 - The victims of the Armenian Genocide will be canonized
- 2014-02-01 - Maronite priest Paul Karam new President of Caritas Lebanon
- 2014-01-23 - Patriarch Rai: Tripoli will not give in to the spiral of sectarian violence