ASIA/LEBANON - Abouna.org awarded as best Arab Christian website
Beirut (Agenzia Fides) - The Catholic website www.abouna.org, directed by Father Rifat Bader – a Jordanian priest of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem - was voted best Arab Christian website in the competition organized by the Arab Christian Media Festival, an annual event organized by the World Federation of Catholic journalism in Lebanon.
Fr. Bader, director of the Catholic Center for Studies and Media, dedicated the award received in Beirut also to "two dear old friends of the website, which at the time were the first readers and editors" the two bishops of Aleppo Boulos al-Yazigi and Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim, abducted last April. Fr. Bader hopes he will soon be able to give the news of their release on his website "and for an end to violence in their Homeland, Syria". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2014-07-28 - Patriarch Rai: The new President should not be linked to the two "blocks"
- 2014-07-10 - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
- 2014-07-07 - Patriarch Rai: the existence of Lebanon at risk
- 2014-06-20 - The Maronite Bishops: who boycots Parliament sessions to elect a new president places the Country at risk
- 2014-06-12 - The annual Synod of the Maronite Church has begun. Patriarch Rai: let us pray so that a new President is elected
- 2014-06-03 - Orthodox Patriarch Yohanna X announces the Conference of the Church of Antioch
- 2014-05-14 - Grand Mufti Qabbani proposes a new "pact" between Muslims and Christians in the Middle East
- 2014-05-12 - Patriarch Rai on the presidential elections: a power vacuum would erase the role of Christians
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"
- 2014-04-10 - The president of Caritas Lebanon: the international community has to open refugee camps in Syria