ASIA/HOLY LAND - Patriarch Twal: pray for rain
Jerusalem (Agenzia Fides) - "Rain is late in our Holy Land and the threat of drought is hanging over us. In times of drought, we must pray that God bless us and have mercy on us and provide us with our needs – especially rain - and remove from our land the evil of drought". This is what the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal says to the faithful of Holy Land in a letter written in Arabic and released on 28 November, in which he asks that the first Sunday of Advent, on December 1, might be a day of prayer and intercession for this intention. The letter, released by the official channels of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, invites the faithful to "pray to and intercede to God Almighty and all powerful that He might take away the plague of drought from our land and remember us in our trouble, that He might lighten the drought and water us with rains and resusciate our land, all plants and animals and all we have. "Before us, said Patriarch Twal, we have the example of Elijah the prophet who prayed at the time of drought and his prayer was answered (1 Kings 18: 41-45)".
Already during the Advent of 2010, Patriarch Twal asked to pray to invoke the gift of rain from Heaven, while the region was suffering from a particularly dry season. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 29/11/2013)
- 2014-07-24 - Caritas Jerusalem rescues thousands of Muslims, who have taken shelter in schools and churches in Gaza
- 2014-07-22 - Patriarch Emeritus Sabbah: there is no war in Gaza, but a useless massacre
- 2014-07-18 - The Israeli army enters Gaza. Pope's message to the local Catholic community
- 2014-07-17 - Gaza, three missiles close to the Catholic parish. Scuffle to look for food during the "humanitarian truce"
- 2014-07-15 - ASIA/HOLY LAND – Gaza, proposal of truce. The director of Caritas Jerusalem: it is urgent to intervene immediately to assist victims
- 2014-07-10 - Third day of raids on Gaza. Caritas Jerusalem: security is not achieved by killing innocent children
- 2014-07-09 - Escalation in Gaza. Justice and Peace: "collective punishment" is inflicted on the Palestinian people
- 2014-07-04 - The Director of Caritas Jerusalem: there is also a political use of the drug market in the Holy City
- 2014-07-02 - A young Palestinian kidnapped and killed. Patriarch Twal: Stop human sacrifice
- 2014-07-01 - Father David Neuhaus SJ: sorrow and grief over the killing of the three teens, it is necessary to put an end to the cycle of violence